Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Being a "kept man" in NZ???

Being a "kept man" in NZ???

Old Oct 11th 2006, 12:00 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Being a "kept man" in NZ???

Haha
that's got your attention..... now are there any blokes (or ladies for that metter) out there who have reversed roles in order to enter NZ?
MrsL now (as of 00:00hrs) has a job (F/T if as advertised) in the proverbial bag and I have nowt...but we are gonna go if the salary is right!
......so what are the joys of "house-husbandry" in the land of the Kiwi - am I (i) gonna get a load of stick for doing the woman's work or (ii) will there be lashings of "hot tottie" down at the beach/playground to keep my mind working whilst the little uns are playing - or (iii) is there a middle way????//////
answers on a postcard to the funny farm......
BTW this came in 1 hour after we submitted our EOI for PR.......it must be fate!!!!
Old Oct 11th 2006, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Being a "kept man" in NZ???

Originally Posted by lardyl
Haha
that's got your attention..... now are there any blokes (or ladies for that metter) out there who have reversed roles in order to enter NZ?
MrsL now (as of 00:00hrs) has a job (F/T if as advertised) in the proverbial bag and I have nowt...but we are gonna go if the salary is right!
......so what are the joys of "house-husbandry" in the land of the Kiwi - am I (i) gonna get a load of stick for doing the woman's work or (ii) will there be lashings of "hot tottie" down at the beach/playground to keep my mind working whilst the little uns are playing - or (iii) is there a middle way????//////
BTW this came in 1 hour after we submitted our EOI for PR.......it must be fate!!!!
dream on mate

you have and always will be the slave to the lady of the house

she only let you think you were the boss
Old Oct 11th 2006, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Haha
i've see loads of 'men' picking up/dropping off the kids at school, & in teh playgrounds after school. No one bats an eye lid, i think its because alot of people are self employed & therefore juggle their hours so one parent can do th eschool run.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

I am one..quite rare here in Palmy. Hardest thing I have ever done..I had training I was a cop for 10 years!! So 3 x under 6's no probs. I here you say..WRONG!! Hard but was ALL worth it. Have done it for about 18 months now and am soon to be starting work P/T, so Kate will lower her nursing hours and have more time with the kids. I was well accepted by all the toddler groups I attended and very rarely if ever felt like an outsider. More blokes should do it. To be honest I was begining to really like it then this job came up..bugger!!!! Would recommend it to anyone. Its been a rollercoaster...with many broken wheels and carriages..but fun aye????? Good luck.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

My hubby does it too, well, we share the working week, and he loves it. That's how its been since I went back to work when she was 3 months old, he used to get work done from home but as shes getting older, sleeps less and does more, he finds he cant work as much but then he is easily distracted by her and would rather be playing with her than working!

Oh and 'womans work'???
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:54 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers folks - better practice with the duster and we must get a Dyson before we leave (now!!)....
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:29 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha ha! Lovin the thread

The way it's going at the moment, my missus will be the one keeping us in bacon, as I've not even looked at work yet. I think I need to get my finger out - althought the mention of beachbabes has made me lose my enthusiasm somewhat

Good job the Ton hasn't got on here yet.... you ain't seen me - right!?

The Wiz part of Wiz'n'Ton
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
i've see loads of 'men' picking up/dropping off the kids at school, & in teh playgrounds after school. No one bats an eye lid, i think its because alot of people are self employed & therefore juggle their hours so one parent can do th eschool run.
Ello! Have you met Biddy yet Popps? He lives in Waikanae..down Peka Peka Rd..he's just built an almighty house down there. Lovely chap, lovely family, he does a bit of the home hubby bit too..Fridays I think it is. Why not look him up?? Kind regards, Dom.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Ello! Have you met Biddy yet Popps? He lives in Waikanae..down Peka Peka Rd..he's just built an almighty house down there. Lovely chap, lovely family, he does a bit of the home hubby bit too..Fridays I think it is. Why not look him up?? Kind regards, Dom.
have done already Dom , fab family, the kids go to the same school so see his mrs often. they very kindy met up with us when we first arrived.
cheers Popps xx
Old Oct 11th 2006, 11:03 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by kwprwn
dream on mate
you have and always will be the slave to the lady of the house
she only let you think you were the boss
mmm...that's what I was *told* this morning......
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

mmm...that's what I was *told* this morning......
see I told you so
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:53 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by kwprwn
see I told you so
Just to let everyone know I am no longer a kept man and officially as of today MrsL works shorter hours than I do - we survived and so did the kids, just!!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Well done Gen mate

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatustand...5483a6502.html

Kip
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:33 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Kippers
hehe that bloke
thinks Palmerston North is "nirvana".
should have a chat to John "named a dump after me" Cleese.
Only been to Palmy once and it was a bit flat - I even had to pay to get back on the plane. We almost went there as MrsL's first toe in the NZ employment pool was in P/N...........
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

I've been doing the 'house husband' thing for about 2 years now and our youngest has just passed 2 years old.

Similar to someone above i used to be a police officer and did that for 14 years but it was time for some hard choices when kids arrived as my wifes career was the one that would go places so i took the role of bringing up the little ones so she could move her career on and its worked very very well.

When we land in NZ i'll be doing the same but within the next year or so we plan for me to get back to work which will be a shock...

Without a shadow of doubt bringing up our two little girls as the one who's at home is the best thing i've ever done and i wouldn't change it for anything.

Being a 'kept' man is superb..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.