been here 3 weeks

Old Nov 5th 2007, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

clairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the rough
Default been here 3 weeks

Hi everyone, i've recently moved here to albany, from kent, with my husband and 11month old son, were living with my parents who have been here nearly 2yrs, so far we're loving it tho the weather could be better... lol...
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:21 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: been here 3 weeks

Hi Claire and welcome to the forum. Have some Karma to get you started.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there and welcome

Helen
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

clairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the rough

hi, thanks for your messages.
we're finding it pretty difficult to meet people , as we just dont know anyone one of our age, me and my husband are in are late 20's with a 11 month old son, would like to know of some groups i can take my son to so he gets to make some friends, if any one knows of any i'd be glad to give them a go claire x
Old Nov 13th 2007, 6:56 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clairebeatty
hi, thanks for your messages.
we're finding it pretty difficult to meet people , as we just dont know anyone one of our age, me and my husband are in are late 20's with a 11 month old son, would like to know of some groups i can take my son to so he gets to make some friends, if any one knows of any i'd be glad to give them a go claire x
Just some suggestions

Playcentre - they should be listed in the phone book. Give them a call and see if you can go along for a look.

Ask at your local library if they have a toddler morning.

Try the YMCA as some areas have music and movement type sessions for kiddies.

Or the Citizens Advice Bureau may have contacts for informal playgroups - Plunket should also know of groups.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

hi i went to plunkett today and they have given me a few phone numbers for playgroups and they also said about the libary, which sounds good to me as my son loves music, thankss for your suggestions claire x x
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:28 am
Just Joined

kiwibrummie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clairebeatty
hi i went to plunkett today and they have given me a few phone numbers for playgroups and they also said about the libary, which sounds good to me as my son loves music, thankss for your suggestions claire x x
hi There

We live in Browns Bay, have been here 9 years, browns bay has playgroup, its on the corner of beach rd and glenvar rd by the traffic lights, my son was 3 when we arrived and playgroups are the greatest place to meet like minded people, my kids were 3 6 and 8 when we arrived my eldest has just left school, scary eh!!! Ithere is a big sign on the outside that tell you the times of openeing i just cant remember off the top of my head, will have a look for you.