Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Been in Christchurch for a month now.

Wikiposts

Been in Christchurch for a month now.

Old May 2nd 2012, 6:40 am
Just Joined

blondie22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Been in Christchurch for a month now.

hi moving to christchurch in may scared stiff hopeing to rent in rolleston my husband is working for downer not taking any furniture just boxes of personal stuff because the cost is too much moving from uk plz make friends with me tell me interesting stuff lisa x
Old May 2nd 2012, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Bemused_and_bewildered is just really niceBemused_and_bewildered is just really niceBemused_and_bewildered is just really niceBemused_and_bewildered is just really niceBemused_and_bewildered is just really niceBemused_and_bewildered is just really niceBemused_and_bewildered is just really niceBemused_and_bewildered is just really niceBemused_and_bewildered is just really nice

Originally Posted by blondie22
hi moving to christchurch in may scared stiff hopeing to rent in rolleston my husband is working for downer not taking any furniture just boxes of personal stuff because the cost is too much moving from uk plz make friends with me tell me interesting stuff lisa x
Don't worry! The natives are friendly! The weather's getting a bit chilly now and whatever you rent is bound to be cold but there are ways of managing . Have you introduced yourself to the rest of the forum? They're very helpful. Let us know when you get here.
Old May 2nd 2012, 8:57 am
Just Joined

blondie22 is an unknown quantity at this point

not yet not sure what to do yet but thankyou anyway and i will my hubby comes in may and me in june xlisa
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Matelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of lightMatelot is a glorious beacon of light

B & B I used to live in Burnside, Heath St. Might be best to invest in a decent set of thermals for the winter. That easterly wind goes right through you! Having said that, some of the most glorious sunshine can be had in CHC during the winter months. It's good to get out on your bikes, go over Dyers pass, along the summit road, explore the remote bays along the coast of Banks peninsula. Hanmers only 90 minutes away, and in the summer drive through Molesworth Station. Take a day out to visit Greymouth / Hokitikka via Arthur's Pass. (you will always remember that trip!) There is so much more. Stick with it... Stomers a good lad!

Last edited by Matelot; May 2nd 2012 at 10:50 am.
Old May 2nd 2012, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

The natives in Rolly are all pretty friendly, plenty of ex pats out here in rolly which is ever growing by the day

Id say take a drive to Akaroa, views are amazing at the hilltop on a clear day
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:25 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bemused_and_bewildered
Sounds good - we're off to Welly this weekend but maybe coffee and/or organised riot of the Chch expat contingent soon?
Sounds good. Looks like my work will be dropping down to more reasonable levels in the near future so should have some time off
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:34 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

What is it that you're worried about? Is it moving so far from home, missing friends and family, are you not so certain if you want to come, the earthquakes or something else. We can try and help, most of us have moved or are in the process of moving so let us know what your concerns are and someone will try and reassure you We've all been there
We did think of moving to Rolleston but I wanted to be closer to Chch, it is only 20mins away though. It is a growing town and does have everything you would need on a day to day basis. You would also get a bigger house and section for your money.
Old May 3rd 2012, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lisa. There is a Christchurch thread on here. Take a look at that - it might help you.
Old May 3rd 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, We've been in Christchurch for 5 months now and are renting St Albans. Thought I'd just share my news with others who may be interested. We have finally managed to track down some home contents insurance at a reasonably affordable price! It excludes earthquake damage/loss but at covers theft,fire and floods. Roll on a nice sunny weekend - again!