Reload this Page >

Been in Auckland for 6 years from Mansfield

Been in Auckland for 6 years from Mansfield

Old Jun 7th 2011, 12:02 am
Just Joined

MsTwist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Been in Auckland for 6 years from Mansfield

Hi everyone :0)

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm 28 and have lived here in NZ for coming onto 6 years, I married a Kiwi and have 2 boys (6 months and 2 yrs) and work full time in IT in central Auckland, but live in west Auckland. I do love it here, the cleanness, the greenness, the laid back lifestyle, the beaches the general optimism ("she'll be right".. instead of the British moan and goan....) etc etc

However for no obvious reason I have been strongly feeling the pull of home recently. I miss my family, my friends, and silly things like Boots and cold frosty mornings across the countryside and the sense of humour over there etc.

Anyway, look forward to getting to know some of you more
Old Jun 7th 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

DerekZoolander is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Been in Auckland for 6 years from Mansfield

Hello!

I'm also new here but sadly still in the UK. Things are starting to happen now though I'll be hunting for IT jobs very soon too

I often wonder about the things I may miss once I get over there. Find all that out once I miss them I suppose

How is Auckland?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DerekZoolander View Post
Hello!

I'm also new here but sadly still in the UK. Things are starting to happen now though I'll be hunting for IT jobs very soon too

I often wonder about the things I may miss once I get over there. Find all that out once I miss them I suppose

How is Auckland?
sadly in UK?

Aberdeen isn't a bad place to be after all. I've got a friend from aberdeen (just stayed in Welly over a year then moved to back to Scoltland) - She said she miss home at the end. Home is home.

I'd rather be in UK or Ireland if I could help myself.

been in auckland since March, but what. yes the weather isn't too bad but apart from that.... Whats so great about.

I am here because I've got work to do... and living costs are obviously LESS compared to Welly - thats for sure.

hard to believe but Everything IS CHEAPER than Welly

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 8th 2011 at 1:43 am.
Old Jun 8th 2011, 6:03 am
something profound

matp is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Coffee

Hi there,

It's interesting that you've found Auckland to be cheaper than Welly. I live in Wellington but often head to Auckland for work. I've found it's the other way round - pricier in Auckland - but I could be wrong. I'm comparing it to prices in Auckland CBD though - whereabouts are you?

Matt
Old Jun 8th 2011, 11:39 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsTwist View Post
Hi everyone :0)

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm 28 and have lived here in NZ for coming onto 6 years, I married a Kiwi and have 2 boys (6 months and 2 yrs) and work full time in IT in central Auckland, but live in west Auckland. I do love it here, the cleanness, the greenness, the laid back lifestyle, the beaches the general optimism ("she'll be right".. instead of the British moan and goan....) etc etc

However for no obvious reason I have been strongly feeling the pull of home recently. I miss my family, my friends, and silly things like Boots and cold frosty mornings across the countryside and the sense of humour over there etc.

Anyway, look forward to getting to know some of you more
Just wanted to welcome you to our friendly NZ forum MsTwist. I think we all get that 'pull' for home from time-to-time. I tend to get very homesick in winter & whenever I go clothes shopping . I miss Boots too, though I sometimes go on-line & order No.7 stuff, send it to my parents & they send it on to me .

Happy posting
Old Jun 10th 2011, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

allisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really niceallisonwantstoemigrate is just really nice

Hi,

I've been in Mansfield for around 5 years. Has sure changed since I moved here!

Hoping for a chance at NZ or OZ soon.