Bed sizes

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

benandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the roughbenandlea is a jewel in the rough
Default Bed sizes

Hi,

Could you tell me if New Zealand bed sizes are different from the UK ?

I heard that Australian beds are different to the UK so British bedding won't fit properly.

Thanks,

Lea and Ben
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice
Default Re: Bed sizes

Hi
The beds here are manily queen, king size,and double singles so may have a problem with UK bedding
Personally we shipped over a couple of UK double beds but not UK bedding, so all the queen size bedding in NZ drowns our UK beds:curse:
We have many comments with Kiwi visitors on the size of our double bed and can't believe why the brits like double beds suppose we dont have much choice with the size of UK bedrooms

D
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichicks
Hi
The beds here are manily queen, king size,and double singles so may have a problem with UK bedding
Personally we shipped over a couple of UK double beds but not UK bedding, so all the queen size bedding in NZ drowns our UK beds:curse:
We have many comments with Kiwi visitors on the size of our double bed and can't believe why the brits like double beds suppose we dont have much choice with the size of UK bedrooms

D
Hi
The bedding size I have found out the hard way but I can say if you have a King bed from the uk you need to buy a Queen size I have had buy lots of bedding and I feel that the quilts are to wide and can be short to fit UK beds:curse:
Lin
Old Jan 24th 2009, 1:44 am
Just Joined

wattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant futurewattsnz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi
The bedding size I have found out the hard way but I can say if you have a King bed from the uk you need to buy a Queen size I have had buy lots of bedding and I feel that the quilts are to wide and can be short to fit UK beds:curse:
Lin
We gave away our mattress before leaving the UK, figuring to buy a new one to sleep on the floor on until our container arrived, and nearly came a cropper on this one. We realised about an hour before the delivery was due that a UK king is the same as an NZ queen. Luckily we managed to cancel the delivery and get a queen mattress delivered - it fits our king frame and sheets etc that we brought from the UK just fine. We've not had to buy any quilts etc here yet though so haven't had that problem yet, but will bear it in mind!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi
Lin
Hi sorry I should have keyed in Double bed not king from the Uk!!! best size that fits is to buy is a queen
Lin
Old Jan 24th 2009, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.bedsrus.co.nz/BackCare/#SizesAndInfo

this looks like it might be helpful?