Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Beautiful Rental in Torbay - Northshore

Beautiful Rental in Torbay - Northshore

Old Sep 30th 2010, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all
Default Beautiful Rental in Torbay - Northshore

HI Everyone

Just thought this info may be useful for anyone due emigrate to NZ or wanting to move soon

Firstly let me say i am nooooo way involved and i am doing all this off my own back just to help anyone out there maybe in the position we were in when we first landed

Our rental is now up on the Market as we move out in 10 days as we have now bought! in Browns Bay, although the kids will continue to go to school in Torbay

The rental has been great, its 5 mins from the beach with sea views, 2 mins from the shops/resteraunts its really idyllic, unfortunatley having never rented before we wanted to buy and therefore leave soon, after 6 months we have had this house in winter and never needed a fire ( maybe we were still tough having just braved the last UK winter) but it is a very dry/warm home

Its three bedded, not the biggest house in the world (in NZ terms), but its certainly been a great starter for us here and our UK dalmatian - who as you can imagine is living the NZ dream being soooo close to the beach! ( we look out of the patio to check the tides!).

The landlord has been really good about the dog - initially we looked at loads of rental hell holes that we wouldnt let the dog live!!! as its difficult when your also bringing over a pet.

But they have been good, there is a little catch or as it is termed in the ad 'alternative living arrangement' - there is a seperate rumpus ( living space) under the house where the landlord and his wife stop over on the very odd occassion because they miss the beach sooo much. They have only been on the odd occassion and never complained about my manic children and dog running around!

http://www.ljhooker.co.nz/1E6GUD

I read the ad today and i am gutted its cheaper than what we are paying!!!!!!

But we get the keys to our own house on monday so will be able to unpack fully and put our own stamp on things!

However, please feel free to ask any questions and i will reply honestly!
Old Oct 1st 2010, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Re: Beautiful Rental in Torbay - Northshore

Looks fab..... have pm'd you

Old Oct 6th 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

looks fab have pm'd you you may want to change your location!
Old Oct 11th 2010, 10:43 am
Newbie in New Zealand

Nelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to allNelly Trolley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by forshy
HI Everyone

Just thought this info may be useful for anyone due emigrate to NZ or wanting to move soon

Firstly let me say i am nooooo way involved and i am doing all this off my own back just to help anyone out there maybe in the position we were in when we first landed

Our rental is now up on the Market as we move out in 10 days as we have now bought! in Browns Bay, although the kids will continue to go to school in Torbay

The rental has been great, its 5 mins from the beach with sea views, 2 mins from the shops/resteraunts its really idyllic, unfortunatley having never rented before we wanted to buy and therefore leave soon, after 6 months we have had this house in winter and never needed a fire ( maybe we were still tough having just braved the last UK winter) but it is a very dry/warm home

Its three bedded, not the biggest house in the world (in NZ terms), but its certainly been a great starter for us here and our UK dalmatian - who as you can imagine is living the NZ dream being soooo close to the beach! ( we look out of the patio to check the tides!).

The landlord has been really good about the dog - initially we looked at loads of rental hell holes that we wouldnt let the dog live!!! as its difficult when your also bringing over a pet.

But they have been good, there is a little catch or as it is termed in the ad 'alternative living arrangement' - there is a seperate rumpus ( living space) under the house where the landlord and his wife stop over on the very odd occassion because they miss the beach sooo much. They have only been on the odd occassion and never complained about my manic children and dog running around!

http://www.ljhooker.co.nz/1E6GUD

I read the ad today and i am gutted its cheaper than what we are paying!!!!!!

But we get the keys to our own house on monday so will be able to unpack fully and put our own stamp on things!

However, please feel free to ask any questions and i will reply honestly!
this looks fab - far better than what we have been able to find in Tauranga, Papamoa which is a big fat nothing !

How is your new home?
Old Oct 11th 2010, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Now that does look super. Like the idea of sat on the balcony in the sun!
Old Oct 12th 2010, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nelly Trolley
this looks fab - far better than what we have been able to find in Tauranga, Papamoa which is a big fat nothing !

How is your new home?
We got the keys last monday, so spent everday at work and then in the evening painting
then we officially moved in on saturday and 6 months into our new life we had made enough mates to give us a lift moving stuff
then very exhausted with two young kids in tow had to go back and clean the rental
So we are slowly getting there with our new house whilst working, kids etc

But it feels wonderful having my home
just need to unpack fully and enjoy the beautiful surrounding decks overlooking the bush
Old Oct 12th 2010, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Well Done Forshy on your new home..... wishing you much fun, love and happiness..

Glad the move went ok !!

Lou x
Old Oct 12th 2010, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louloumama
Well Done Forshy on your new home..... wishing you much fun, love and happiness..

Glad the move went ok !!

Lou x
thanks Lou, i am sooooooooooo tired!