bbc iplayer

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:59 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Default Re: bbc iplayer

doesn't matter about the browser at all - your pc still reports its in NZ unless you get the IP to change to a UK one regardless of browser - or as Charasamtic says - use torrents
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Been watching streaming stuff from Iplayer for well over a year now! As said before you need to disguise your location by using a UK proxy server.

And for anything I want to keep, I download using torrents.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

I use strongvpn.com as I wanted a stable connection to access by iPlayer in the UK and Hulu in the US. Paid $45 for the year sometime last year and has been great for us.

I know you can use free proxies, but after faffing with them for so long and constantly chaning them, I got sick of it and went for a proper solution and am very happy with them.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Peter C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bga
you can set your browser to use a "proxy" in the uk, i have have varying degrees of success with this method. Basically this method disguises you pc as having an IP address in the UK therefore the BBC end doesn't block you, it can be awfully slow though sometimes and it can make streaming unreliable .T heres loads of tutorials on youtube etc.. for example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq0Vv...eature=related

Some proxies here also...

http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy-list/
Sounds good, will try it now.