British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Bay of Plenty - here we come (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/bay-plenty-here-we-come-402142/)

daviesl Oct 14th 2006 9:44 am

Bay of Plenty - here we come

yippee!!! :)
woke up this morning to the saound of the postman at the door - what a wonderful sound....especially as he had a parcel containing my returned, paperwork, and our pasports WITH THE LITTLE BLUE STICKERS IN, felt sick for a second, but soon recovered.. now NZ watch here we come. Bit early :beer: but who cares

karonious Oct 14th 2006 10:03 am

Re: Bay of Plenty - here we come

Originally Posted by daviesl
woke up this morning to the saound of the postman at the door - what a wonderful sound....especially as he had a parcel containing my returned, paperwork, and our pasports WITH THE LITTLE BLUE STICKERS IN, felt sick for a second, but soon recovered.. now NZ watch here we come. Bit early :beer: but who cares

Congratulations :) It will move along so quickly now you will hardly be able to catch your breath! :)
Whereabouts in Shropshire are you? We lived in Shawbury for a while, I worked in community care at the time, knew Shrewsbury vaguely.

daviesl Oct 14th 2006 10:04 am

You miserable gits - I know it's saturday morning, but 9 views and not one congratulations on getting visa.....

karonious Oct 14th 2006 10:06 am

You miserable gits - I know it's saturday morning, but 9 views and not one congratulations on getting visa.....

Ha ha, too quick weren't you! :)
(And it's been a long day, it's now Saturday night here! ):)

daviesl Oct 14th 2006 10:06 am

Originally Posted by karonious
Congratulations :) It will move along so quickly now you will hardly be able to catch your breath! :)
Whereabouts in Shropshire are you? We lived in Shawbury for a while, I worked in community care at the time, knew Shrewsbury vaguely.

thank you very much Karonious - was just getting a bit excited on my own then...we live in Telford (for now), know both Shawbury and Shrewsbury well - take it you were at the RAF base. got to sign off now so OH can switch elec off and get some more jobs done - speak later

poppets Oct 14th 2006 10:07 am

its saturday night, & nearly bed time - but you'll find that out when you get here - CONGRATULATIONS - :beer: , well done to you, good feeling isn't it :)

helinuk Oct 14th 2006 10:12 am

Originally Posted by poppets
its saturday night, & nearly bed time - but you'll find that out when you get here - CONGRATULATIONS - :beer: , well done to you, good feeling isn't it :)

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN :D
I 've just seen your post on other thread!!
:beer: :beer: :beer:
Helen

Ash1 Oct 14th 2006 3:45 pm

CONGRATULATIONS :) hopefuly we'll be joining you in a few weeks hope all goes well good luck :D

lardyl Oct 14th 2006 6:16 pm

well done, good luck & hope to see ya in NZ!!!!1111111111111
:beer: :D :beer:

Frenchy Oct 14th 2006 8:22 pm

Wonderfully news!
Well done are you all sold up and ready to go?
Good luck and may you have a lifetime of NZ happiness!!!! :)

daviesl Oct 14th 2006 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Wonderfully news!
Well done are you all sold up and ready to go?
Good luck and may you have a lifetime of NZ happiness!!!! :)

NOpe not sold up - timescales have been tight due to job offer so are trying to rent out

thanks all for the good wishes :D

ex geordie Oct 15th 2006 9:16 am

NOpe not sold up - timescales have been tight due to job offer so are trying to rent out

thanks all for the good wishes :D

We live in Tauranga and have some friends visiting us from the UK they have fallen in love with the area just like we did when we arrived here 3 years ago.The Bay of Plenty is a beautiful place you have made a good choice.
Good Luck with the move :)

nero Oct 15th 2006 10:17 am

We are also looking at the Bay of Plenty and possibly Tauranga as a new home. But we have some concerns over house prices we have read recently that the average price is $650,000 is this true! Or have we been reading the wrong books :)

DiffordA Oct 15th 2006 11:23 am

Well done guys thats excellent news. I hope the rest of the adventure goes smoothly. So Shropshire loses another of its residents!!

We should be following early next year. We went to the NZ expo in London yesterday and Immigration said you are young (26 & 27), get your asses over on a Working Holiday Visa for two years and secure emploment!! Its gonna cost £45 each for the visa so great news for us, it will give us a more realistic path towards PR. I guess we'll be the last ones out so we'll check the lights and lock the doors! :)

ex geordie Oct 16th 2006 6:45 am

Originally Posted by nero
We are also looking at the Bay of Plenty and possibly Tauranga as a new home. But we have some concerns over house prices we have read recently that the average price is $650,000 is this true! Or have we been reading the wrong books :)

Dont know what books you been reading you can pick up a decent house for around $400 and even less depending on area etc