British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Bay of Plenty (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/bay-plenty-689173/)

mandaxcook Oct 12th 2010 12:14 am

Bay of Plenty

Hi everyone, We have been in NZ for just over weeks now and my husband, Simon, just got a job in Mount Maunganui - we will be moving down in the next week. Really need some contacts and friends - oh, and a job. :D
Amanda

Sue Oct 12th 2010 1:53 pm

Re: Bay of Plenty

Originally Posted by mandaxcook (Post 8911992)
Hi everyone, We have been in NZ for just over weeks now and my husband, Simon, just got a job in Mount Maunganui - we will be moving down in the next week. Really need some contacts and friends - oh, and a job. :D
Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I am not in NZ (I'm in the US) but I wanted to pop by and say hi. I hope you are enjoying being part of our community. If you ever have any site questions please don't hesitate to let myself or the moderators know and we will be happy to help.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you some pointers about Mount Maunganui. In the meantime try the Meet-up forum and see if anyone is meeting up in your area. Meet-ups are a great way of making new friends and many people form a support network through them.

Margaret Parkinson Oct 12th 2010 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by mandaxcook (Post 8911992)
Amanda

You will see from my past posts my daughter and family live in Papamoa and love it there. Why not call in to see them you will find them in my signature.

June

rason Oct 13th 2010 6:21 am

Hey. We are moving to the Mount in 4 weeks cant wait. We will have to meet up for a drink if you fancy it

Am Loolah Oct 13th 2010 7:16 am

There are lots of us here milling around the place!:o

I organised a picnic meet up last week in the school holidays. I am more than happy to arrange an evening drink or something for any newbies wanting to come along and meet some of us oldies.:) Just let me know what days/evenings suit best and I'll get my Social Secretary hat on.:thumbup:

rason Oct 13th 2010 10:37 am

that sounds like a plan i move over around the 4th (hopefully if the place goes through) and the better half lands on the 27th November

bdclayton Oct 14th 2010 3:28 am

Hi there
We live not far from the Mount.
A drink one night would be good
:thumbup:

bolton1 Oct 14th 2010 8:08 am

Hi - How's your netball ??? we have a team :rofl::rofl:of daft people playing netball weekly and will be playing in the Mount at one of the local primary schools every Friday. Let me or Am Loolah know i you are interested - it's a laugh and a good way of meeting people:)

albax72 Oct 16th 2010 4:53 am

hiya. still new here myself (8 weeks). here with my wife and daughter and would be great to meet up for a drink. good luck job hunting. Im in the same boat

bdclayton Oct 16th 2010 8:51 am

Originally Posted by albax72 (Post 8921667)
hiya. still new here myself (8 weeks). here with my wife and daughter and would be great to meet up for a drink. good luck job hunting. Im in the same boat

Very good luck job hunting
It can be done
:thumbsup:

Nelly Trolley Oct 24th 2010 12:20 am

Originally Posted by bdclayton (Post 8921940)
Very good luck job hunting
It can be done
:thumbsup:

Hi we arrive in 3 weeks and would be delighted to catch up with any other newbies or oldies for that matter!

mandaxcook Oct 27th 2010 7:56 am

Originally Posted by albax72 (Post 8921667)

Meeting up would be good. We are kind of settled now in Welcome Bay - what about you?

albax72 Oct 27th 2010 9:43 am

Originally Posted by mandaxcook (Post 8944939)
Meeting up would be good. We are kind of settled now in Welcome Bay - what about you?

Were in Mount Mauganui. next to the Bayfair centre. Not too far away. Where did you come from?

rason Oct 27th 2010 10:12 am

Hi i live near Bayfair too wouldnt mind grabbing a drink if you wouldnt mind me crashing?

SamDean Oct 27th 2010 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by mandaxcook (Post 8944939)

hey guys, we are up for a drink 2 and getting out to meet some people.
any suggestions when and where?