Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bath taps with shower head

Bath taps with shower head

Old Mar 29th 2016, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

KOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bath taps with shower head

Originally Posted by BEVS
I don't actually know what this means in terms of what you wish for your NZ plumbing. You can have the tap/shower mix for a bath if you wish . No probs.
That's all I wanted to know - if mixer taps with an attached shower hose are available over there.

...Actually. Why not bung over a few links to the houses you are looking at. Are they older build. New build.
It doesn't really matter - they'll all be gone by the time we arrive anyway. I just like to go on trademe every few weeks to see what new properties have come on the market and practically all of them have the dreaded two taps and no shower hose over the bath But as mentioned before I'm only looking at Whanganui, so not really representative of the whole of NZ.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 8:14 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KOH2
Well that's a relief

Ah, well. For years in the UK I was told by a qualified plumber that I couldn't have a proper mixer tap in our kitchen because of some pressure problems, so I stuck with the one we had which literally run hot water over one half of the tap neck and cold over the other leading to scalding issues as the water run hotter in some spots. And then last year the crummy thing finally packed up & I was able to buy a straight off the shelf proper mixer tap which a different plumber fitted with no problems. As I said I am no expert, but if the UK has overcome its plumbing issues (which - correct me if I'm wrong - might be due to similar kind of set ups) then surely NZ can follow suit.
I moved from NZ to the UK in the 80's. One of the biggest differences at that time was the water tank in the loft which led to poor water pressure at the tap. That's why the British have a high proportion of Electric showers with pumps. I believe that more modern houses are straight off the mains, so less of a problem. At the time, visitors to the UK used to complain about the poor showers.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

KOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond reputeKOH2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
I moved from NZ to the UK in the 80's. One of the biggest differences at that time was the water tank in the loft which led to poor water pressure at the tap. That's why the British have a high proportion of Electric showers with pumps. I believe that more modern houses are straight off the mains, so less of a problem. At the time, visitors to the UK used to complain about the poor showers.
Ah, yes, when we were buying our UK house hubby insisted on checking the water pressure in the shower in all the homes we viewed

We ended up having to put in a pump so that he could enjoy the power shower he had been used to back home.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

That is all about the head of pressure.

The physics are the same.

If everything is mains pressure in your house it should only be about the flow not the pressure.

Tiz all about long runs. Too small a pile. Pulling off too much water.

In and around the 80's electric showers became popular because you could hook them up but then the pressure had to be reduced down not up. Cheap retro fit.

I will write more about this tomoz . I have something very important to do right now.

But if you are coming to NZ then you will be dealing with Nz housing . Mostly one storey and so little head of pressure.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:10 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just relating what my plumber said at the time. The shower was poor because it came off a header tank in the loft. He told me that the shower would be stronger if it came off the mains.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Take a look at www.aliexpress.com I bought all my tapware from here at a fraction of the NZ price and it all fitted 😃
Old Mar 31st 2016, 7:17 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Take a look at AliExpress.com - Online Shopping for Electronics, Fashion, Home & Garden, Toys & Sports, Automobiles from China. I bought all my tapware from here at a fraction of the NZ price and it all fitted 😃
I've bought a few things from there and the prices are amazing. Delivered fine.