Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

BARNUM - The Circus Musical coming soon to Orewa!

BARNUM - The Circus Musical coming soon to Orewa!

Old Feb 26th 2012, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile BARNUM - The Circus Musical coming soon to Orewa!

ROLL UP! ROLL UP!

Come & join The Prince of Humbug, Phineas T. Barnum at Centrestage Theatre, Centreway Rd., Orewa (behind the Auckland Council Offices) from Saturday 17th March until Saturday 31st March.

P.T. Barnum was the founder of the famous three ring Barnum & Bailey Circus. The musical tells the story of his life (& that of his long-suffering wife, Charity) from 1830 to 1880. Come & meet the 'Oldest woman alive', Joice Heth, General Tom Thumb & Jenny Lind, the "Swedish Nightingale".

This is a show full of colourful costumes, vibrant music, jugglers, stilt walkers etc.

For more details go to www.iticket.co.nz or www.centrestagetheatre.com or telephone the theatre on 09 426 7282

Ticket Prices:

Adults $28
Seniors/Students $23
Children up to age 14 $15
Groups of 10 or more: $2 off each ticket
One child free to the 18th March matinee when accompanied by a (paying) adult.

This is a fantastic show & suitable for all the family
Old Feb 26th 2012, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BARNUM - The Circus Musical coming soon to Orewa!

Worth a visit. Saw this many years ago in Liverpool strange at it may seem with Jim Dale playing Barnum.

June
Old Feb 27th 2012, 8:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Worth a visit. Saw this many years ago in Liverpool strange at it may seem with Jim Dale playing Barnum.

June
I bet that was worth seeing. I would have loved to see Michael Crawford in the role too. Enjoyed watching Torville & Dean ice dance to the music of Barnum back in 1983. I'm loving the music & the set is looking great. Definitely worth a visit
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
I bet that was worth seeing. I would have loved to see Michael Crawford in the role too. Enjoyed watching Torville & Dean ice dance to the music of Barnum back in 1983. I'm loving the music & the set is looking great. Definitely worth a visit

Saw Michael Crawford in Phantom of the Opera in London and also in a show at the MGM LasVegas called EFX. He is so versatile can't imagine him being able to do all these things after playing Frank Spencer.

June