Bargains thread

Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:22 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all
Default Bargains thread

I really miss the MoneySavingExpert and DVDForums bargain forums over here. Who's up for a bargains thread? Just post cheap or good-value items you've found in shops, sales or online. Not your run-of-the-mill sale items but things that really strike you as a total bargain.

I'll start with an excellent "just4kids" wooden blackboard/easel/magnetic whiteboard I got from KMart for $50. It's the right size for preschoolers and comes with chalk, a duster and some paints. The clips for holding paper are a bit dodgy so you'll probably need some bulldog clips instead. Bargain!

Last edited by cypherpunk; Jun 24th 2007 at 2:24 am.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bargains thread

hehe.... old scrooge me... I went out to buy a friend a pressy for their new baby boy the other eve.... went into Farmers and there was a pair of little boy cute jeans reduced from $17.99 to 3 dollars!! I bought them!

I did buy a little top to go with it.... Im not quite that stingey! ermmmmm...it cost 3 dollars too!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:05 am
Memetchi

cypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to allcypherpunk is a name known to all

It's the thought that counts SarahB.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Apple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant futureApple13 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cypherpunk
I really miss the MoneySavingExpert and DVDForums bargain forums over here. Who's up for a bargains thread? Just post cheap or good-value items you've found in shops, sales or online. Not your run-of-the-mill sale items but things that really strike you as a total bargain.

I'll start with an excellent "just4kids" wooden blackboard/easel/magnetic whiteboard I got from KMart for $50. It's the right size for preschoolers and comes with chalk, a duster and some paints. The clips for holding paper are a bit dodgy so you'll probably need some bulldog clips instead. Bargain!
Ummm TradeMe... it is an addiction and a lot friendlier than Ebay! So so useful when you are setting up a house, and an awful lot of new stuff being sold for really good prices.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 1:43 am
Memetchi

Originally Posted by Apple13
Ummm TradeMe... it is an addiction and a lot friendlier than Ebay! So so useful when you are setting up a house, and an awful lot of new stuff being sold for really good prices.
I dunno, maybe it is the type of things that I'm buying but I can often find things cheaper new than on Trademe, or things that are better value for money given that they're new. It's especially bad for computer parts and other electronics, you can often get them cheaper at online retailers or on proper eBay, even with overseas postage.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

I'll start with an excellent "just4kids" wooden blackboard/easel/magnetic whiteboard I got from KMart for $50. It's the right size for preschoolers and comes with chalk, a duster and some paints. The clips for holding paper are a bit dodgy so you'll probably need some bulldog clips instead. Bargain![/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!This is exactly what I was going to start looking for soon for my 3 year olds birthday!

I just bought solar lights for the garden from Warehouse for under $5 each- I thought that was a bargain! I also bought brilliant bedside table lamps with matching shades in Bunnings for $9.90 each - I thought that was a bargain too.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:17 am
Memetchi

You're welcome donnaf, and thanks for the Bunnings tips.

A Trademe tip while I remember it: if you're buying something new from a Trademe dealer, google their name and any company name mentioned as they sometimes have an online shop selling the same thing for less because there's no Trademe fee to pay. With Trademe selling fees going up recently this may become more useful.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno, maybe it is the type of things that I'm buying but I can often find things cheaper new than on Trademe, or things that are better value for money given that they're new. It's especially bad for computer parts and other electronics, you can often get them cheaper at online retailers or on proper eBay, even with overseas postage.
My OH will agree with you there. We are both TradeMe addicts but recently my OH ordered some items from the UK and then asked my mum and dad to send them here to us. They wouldnt take any money from us for the postage but we owe them a few beers when they next come to stay with us! We also get things sent from the US or from OZ as its cheaper than buying it here, even with postage added. We do think that kiwis are ripped off so much with certain things.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 3:53 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Monopoly Here & Now NZ edition is $5 cheaper in Farmers than the Warehouse. 'where everyone gets a rip off ' according to my kids!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

I've just discovered layby! Got a trampoline in the sale for $279 - put it on layby and they will keep it until Christmas Eve
Old Jul 14th 2007, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
I've just discovered layby! Got a trampoline in the sale for $279 - put it on layby and they will keep it until Christmas Eve
Bloody price doesn't go anywhere though!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:51 pm
Memetchi

There are some good sales listed on this blog: Lighting Plus 25% off everything, and Farmers one-day sale including 25% off furniture and 25-50% off homewares on Sept 6th.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:09 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

There are some good sales listed on this blog: Lighting Plus 25% off everything, and Farmers one-day sale including 25% off furniture and 25-50% off homewares on Sept 6th.
nice spot cypherpunk!
Old Oct 9th 2007, 12:05 am
Memetchi

Free WiFi if you buy a coffee, at Esquires coffee houses nationwide: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/freitasm/3899
Old Mar 12th 2008, 8:25 am
Memetchi

Dick Smith Electronics: 20% off all flat panel TVs, all printers, multifunction printers and faxes, and all Microsoft software. Also 10% off iPods and digital cameras.

In-store 13th-16th March only. You need to print the flyer on this page: http://www.dse.co.nz/pages/dsefriendsfam.html

Use http://www.pricespy.co.nz to check the price as DSE are not always the cheapest for some things.

Last edited by cypherpunk; Mar 12th 2008 at 8:59 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.