Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Barbeque sauce...on everything???

Barbeque sauce...on everything???

Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future
Default Barbeque sauce...on everything???

Discuss...
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:45 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barbeque sauce...on everything???

Originally Posted by sammymac
Discuss...
not on *my* sausage sizzle at the weekend - was a real problem, 150 sausages to "cook" (very loose term that!) and no BBQ sauce, hence some disappointed punters - good job it was for a good cause!!!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lardyl
not on *my* sausage sizzle at the weekend - was a real problem, 150 sausages to "cook" (very loose term that!) and no BBQ sauce, hence some disappointed punters - good job it was for a good cause!!!
I have no problem with it as a condiment, don't care for it much.

Just wondering why it gets blathered on everything that doesn't move.

I don't like ketchup either by the way.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

My little lad like the hot dogs here (sausages on sticks)... I automatically say "one hotdog, no sauce please".... I learnt my lesson after we took one home without noticing it had been smothered in sauce.... he refused to touch it.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like ketchup either by the way.
I think the Watties tommy ketchup is just horrible... I still buy Heinz.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:48 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
I think the Watties tommy ketchup is just horrible... I still buy Heinz.
Watties make tomato sauce, not ketchup. There is a difference. I too use Heinz ketchup here in OZ.

Grew up liking HP sauce, Worcester sauce, and tomato sauce. Some things tho should never be 'sauced' IMHO; eg; non-battered fish, eggs or chicken to name a few of the more obvious ones. Have never really taken to BBQ sauce: it's like a poor quality attempt to imitate HP .
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Swirling it on Pizzas is pretty bizarre to me, why bother using subtle ingredients and then cover it all with Brown smokey sauce !
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

I had an Aussie flatmate in Sydney who blathered (whatever that means) everything in tomato sauce , including scrambled eggs ... How she ever tasted the food beats me.

She was the brunt of many active discussions about how much of our food money was going on her "fetish". but she stood her ground that she could spend our $ on as much tommy sauce as she %^$#@ wanted.

It was her 24th birthday shortly after so the rest of us and some of our friends bought her a bottle of sauce each and wrapped them like wine bottles.

She thought it was a heck of a joke (so did we) that she got 11 bottles of what she thought was wine that turned out to be her fav tommy sauce.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:58 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Swirling it on Pizzas is pretty bizarre to me, why bother using subtle ingredients and then cover it all with Brown smokey sauce !
Yeah!!! tastes like poop they even put it on instead of the tomato paste in some places down here
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:18 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kiwi_child;5247156]Watties make tomato sauce, not ketchup. There is a difference. QUOTE]

Just back from Pac n Save - they definitely make both
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
I had an Aussie flatmate in Sydney who blathered (whatever that means) everything in tomato sauce , including scrambled eggs ... How she ever tasted the food beats me.

She was the brunt of many active discussions about how much of our food money was going on her "fetish". but she stood her ground that she could spend our $ on as much tommy sauce as she %^$#@ wanted.

It was her 24th birthday shortly after so the rest of us and some of our friends bought her a bottle of sauce each and wrapped them like wine bottles.

She thought it was a heck of a joke (so did we) that she got 11 bottles of what she thought was wine that turned out to be her fav tommy sauce.
I think the word blather comes from the sound a muck spreader makes when it's firing cow crap all over a field.

I will happily stand corrected though if anyone can be bothered to look it up in the dictionary!!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahB
My little lad like the hot dogs here (sausages on sticks)... I automatically say "one hotdog, no sauce please".... I learnt my lesson after we took one home without noticing it had been smothered in sauce.... he refused to touch it.
Makes me sick when I hear someone order a buttie, and then ask for bbq, garlic and chilli sauce or some such grizzly concoction.

You don't have to have 3 sauces. Many snacks and light meals can be eaten with NO sauce at all believe it or not!
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:09 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Makes me sick when I hear someone order a buttie, and then ask for bbq, garlic and chili sauce or some such grizzly concoction.
Sorry about that. I'll whisper next time.