Which Banks

Old Mar 1st 2007, 7:45 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Banks

Originally Posted by lardyl
mmm....
we are with KiwiBank but they dont have a "SWIFT" code that can be used for international transfers or to take out cash on demand from another bank account using a PIN.......this may be a drawback if you want to get your £££s or US$/OZ$ fast....from their website:
they recommend Western Union for fast transfers......
Well, we received all our new Kiwibank account details by email yesterday Very straightforward. I wasn't aware of the lack of a SWIFT code for International transfers prior to choosing them. Does anyone know how it works if using HiFX for transferring your £'s to $'s? Presumably, as Kiwibank say, they need an account to pay into (using I'm guessing SWIFT), which now means opening another account with another bank to then transfer to Kiwibank? I'm only a little Fairy, I'm going to get sooo confused?!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well, we received all our new Kiwibank account details by email yesterday Very straightforward. I wasn't aware of the lack of a SWIFT code for International transfers prior to choosing them. Does anyone know how it works if using HiFX for transferring your £'s to $'s? Presumably, as Kiwibank say, they need an account to pay into (using I'm guessing SWIFT), which now means opening another account with another bank to then transfer to Kiwibank? I'm only a little Fairy, I'm going to get sooo confused?!
hey, it will all work fine...
We used www.tranzfers.com to move money around, which is the little brother of HIFX ie used for smaller amount of money but the same company. The account no you give them is the std Kiwibank one, as long as you can do electronic transfers by internet banking then it will all work fine. If you are still concerned then give HIFX a call direct, the will quickly be able to tell you yes or no. You can even get the money put onto your NZ credit card if you want rather than into your account.

I reccommend Tranzfers too, it all worked very smoothly on several occasions, and everything worked just as they said it would.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 8:16 am
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Mint,

I love being a soap dodger.

When you have arrived in our beautiful country, we would be happy to open a
Campus Pack for you at any Bank of New Zealand branch. Please bring two
forms of identification (one with a photo e.g. drivers licence, passport or
student ID). Please also bring confirmation that you are currently
enrolled as a full time student at a tertiary education provider (such as a
university, polytechnic etc).
- no monthly base fee
- free EFTPOS
- an interest free overdraft of up to $2,000
- Internet Banking
- Telephone Banking
I emailed the bank 2 hours ago, what a quick response!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 9:03 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We opened a Kiwibank account from UK. Just had to pop in with passports when we got here for proof. Transferred money from UK bank via UKForex to Kiwibank, no problems. Applied in branch for cheque books, deposit book, Eftpos cards, no probs, no fees, all arrived 3 days later in post. Also opened an online saver as extra account to cheque one to get around 7.5% interest. Can access this as often as we like to transfer funds in and out of; ie to withdraw just transfer from saver to main (cheque) account - transaction is immediate. No charge for any of this.

Also had to open another bank account to satisfy mortgage lending bank. Applied in branch for cheque, credit, Eftpos etc. No charges except for flat $5 per month fee. $25 per year for credit card but that's not the banks card. No other charges for writting cheques or Eftpos usage. Also opened an online saver off this account, again with around 7.5% interest. Don't have to go into the branch we opened account at to deal with future matters - any branch will do. ID proof has to be shown when you go in any branch for a withdrawal/transaction. This is ANZ.

Also, ASB have no account charges at all if you have a transaction of or over $50k, eg. mortgage, loan. They all seem to be around 8.75% at the moment for a 2 year fixed rate mortgage. 8.6% for a 3 year fixed rate. The floating (variable) rate, is around 10.5% at the moment.

We've found all three banks great to deal with, fees not extortionate, and the online banking facilites and statements are good. No complaints yet, but then we are really new to all this!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

which bank gives you the best interest on large amounts of sterling?
Old Jun 5th 2007, 10:28 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye

Probably a british bank with an internet only account.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been with Westpac for 2 1/2yrs now & they have been great. Always very helpful & no problems(touch wood) so far.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:22 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Might be helpful

www.interestrates.co.nz
Old Jun 6th 2007, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

We use UTM ...otherwise known as "under the mattress! lol
Apart from that...it's ASB all the way. Personal, business and mortgage. We give Goldstein the big for approachability, service and flexibility.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

nahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant futurenahb has a brilliant future

Hi
Does anyone know the best way to transfer funds regularly to NZ without incurring costs/transfer fees??

Thanks

Nahb
Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

we are over on a business investment visa and have our money with the National Bank of New Zealand. They have been excellent and I have no problem in recommending them. I have a personal manager that I deal with and any queries are dealt with very efficiently.
I still find it amazing the difference of service that you get from being a saver to a borrower. Before I sold my house in the UK and had a mortgage , I never heard from my bank unless I was late on a payment or over my limit. The day I paid off my mortgage and had a lump sum sitting in my account , my personal manager( who I didn`t even know existed) was on the phone offering me better rates/better overdraught facility/a special account for "important" customers. All the things I needed before!!! So I found it hilarious the other day when my personal manager over here rang to invite me and a pal to go watch the all blacks against Canada. How pssed off would all the kiwi`s who bank there be if they found out that he was taking a couple of pomm`s to see there national team. Not that I`m complaining.
Cheers
All Black Ash
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

Originally Posted by nahb
Hi
Does anyone know the best way to transfer funds regularly to NZ without incurring costs/transfer fees??

Thanks

Nahb
Depends on the amounts you want to transfer I guess. We have a Nationwide Account in Northampton and we simply get money out of any convenient ATM here in NZ. There's a $800 daily limit though.

I'd be interested to hear any other answers you get.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Apple12
www.kiwibank.co.nz

Just fantastic, thoroughly recommend.
Excellent online service, emailed statements, can access money at any postbank (includes sat and sometimes sunday service depending on branch), no hassles, answer phone in a single ring, very helpful by phone.
Easy to open accounts while still in UK.
Flat fee accounts, and the best interest rates. Kiwibank is absolutely competitive against all the aussie banks, and has the best deals first.

No I don't work for them, but I honestly haven't had a bad experience with then yet.
I am happy with Kiwibank, if you have in your account, more than 4000 NZD, there are no bank charges (with 8% interest rates, i am beginning to understand why)
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dicknlyn
Depends on the amounts you want to transfer I guess. We have a Nationwide Account in Northampton and we simply get money out of any convenient ATM here in NZ. There's a $800 daily limit though.

I'd be interested to hear any other answers you get.
and you incur no charges what so ever???
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

and you incur no charges what so ever???
Yep, we're Kiwibank too. Thats a Front Runner Account. There On Call Account is a no notice savings account currently paying 7.5% interest.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.