Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bank Accounts and PO Boxes

Bank Accounts and PO Boxes

Old Apr 18th 2006, 12:28 pm
Devonport Duffers

Bodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant futureBodgit has a brilliant future
Question Bank Accounts and PO Boxes

Greetings all,

I shall soon be off !! Hope to start new job on or around 1st June. All rapidly approaching. Other half to follow on later unfortunately.

I need to open a bank account and investigate a PO box in NZ and was hoping, (lazily), I could get advice and/or benefit from other's experience in good and bad banks, or experince of PO boxes and how they are setup. I haven't got a place to go yet hence the 'need' for the box.

Any comments/opinions/ideas anyone?

CC
Old Apr 18th 2006, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bank Accounts and PO Boxes

You can open an account in advance. Check out the websites of the banks. I understand that you can do this up to three months before you plan to arrive.

Loot at the NZ post website. You can also have a private box/bag. These cost a few dollars.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

beaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the roughbeaudixon is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bodgit
Greetings all,

I shall soon be off !! Hope to start new job on or around 1st June. All rapidly approaching. Other half to follow on later unfortunately.

I need to open a bank account and investigate a PO box in NZ and was hoping, (lazily), I could get advice and/or benefit from other's experience in good and bad banks, or experince of PO boxes and how they are setup. I haven't got a place to go yet hence the 'need' for the box.

Any comments/opinions/ideas anyone?

CC
Hi,

We move out in October and we have just set up bank account with ASB. Very easy to do (sent the forms off and papers returned in a week), you get a London and NZ account open, must transfer some funds within 3mths of openong but London account stays open for up to 2yrs.
All info is on there web site. They dont have a limit on how much you can transfer (National Bank only allow £100k transfer).

Neil
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I walked into Westpac and got a bank account set up for me and 2 year old son within minutes.... very efficient and helpful. HTH