Which Bank??

Old Mar 18th 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which Bank??

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
No one has mentioned HSBC NZ
HSBC does have some brancehs in NZ but not really enough to function as a full bank like all the above mentioned.

I know of HSBC branches in Aucklnad and Wellington but nowhere else so may not such a god one to go with. There may be more but I don't know where.

Maybe members who live in Auckalnd or Welington may bank with them!!!!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 1:40 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for all the replies, I've gone for the ASB Streamline. Wandered into the Whangaparaoa branch yesterday, told them what I want (free banking) and this is the one they recommended......

Somebody mentioned HSBC....there is a branch in Auckland City, too far for me to go and open an account, let alone calling in to pay cheques, etc....not enough branches to be viable.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

elaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really niceelaine99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by urbanproject
I'm with ASB (cheque and savings), and their Streamline account doesn't carry any fees provided you do everything online, so it works well with the way I bank. They don't charge for ATM withdrawals at ASB machines (there are plenty of them around so never really had a problem on that end) and there is no limit on how many transactions you can do at shops ect. I do have to say that ASB have been great as well, their customer service has been faultless

I have most of my direct debits set up on the credit card (except for rent), and don't get charged.

I also bank with BNZ (credit card), and have nothing but good experiences with them, but in my opinion, I don't think their banking products (standard accounts) are as good as ASB's for example.

I guess it depends what type of banking needs you have

Good luck,

Jen
At present I pay my utility bills on a monthly direct debit in Engand spreading the cost over the year so that my outgoings are the same each month and I don't get a nasty shock when the winter fuel bill arrives. I do this with Gas/electricity/water/car insurance/house insurance etc. Is this possible in New Zealand?
Old Mar 19th 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

NZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really niceNZ4Now is just really nice

Hi

We use ASB and have found them really good
Old Mar 20th 2010, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I was also going to ask if Direct Debit and BACS payments are used in NZ.
Don't really need to visit the bank all that often if that is the case, online banking here in the UK is brilliant.