British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Bah Humbug! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/bah-humbug-448302/)

Am Loolah May 7th 2007 8:23 pm

Bah Humbug!

Bah Humbug!
Our 2nd offer on a house was not accepted again, they want us to go higher than we feel we can what with the exchange rate having dipped and our exchange on our sale in the UK being a week off.

Bored of house hunting though. Now, don’t get me wrong ... I am one nosey Fairy. I like nothing more than a browse through the old property pages and what with the terribly modern internet my life was complete!!

Move to New Zealand and you have the cherry on the icing atop the fairy cake with “Open Homes.” A legitimate excuse to nosey around other people’s houses with no explanation necessary. Funtastic!

But my patience hath run dry, I’ve tried various ointments and liquid remedies (although turned my nose up at the substance being suggested by Mr Loolah to cure this drought – that can’t be right, no matter how much Vitamin C he claims is in it?):blink:

We are very fussy. There are a large number of us to please. We all want different things. Me – Robbie Williams (:wub: ). My husband – A Divorce. Only joking! :rofl:

We must have looked at every 4 bedroom house in the area in our budget. The only one we all agreed was “ok” they knock us back? How very dare they?

Today Matthew... I shall mainly be sulking.:frown:

lardyl May 7th 2007 8:37 pm

Re: Bah Humbug!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4749451)
Bah Humbug!......

A sulking skulking fairy...........ye Gods ........
At least you could bank some of the dough once you have exchanged and paid the lawyers at the ludicrously high NZ rate and live off the interest whilst finding your "dream" place -personally I dont subscribe to the buy a place ASAP school of immigrants, but I know and respect the views of many who do.........almost all of us (apart from the very lucky few) have to change our plans and expectations once we arrive in God's Own.....:)

Jack The Lad May 7th 2007 8:41 pm

Never mind fairy. You will find the one that you want :thumbup:

Heck thats a song outs Grease innit? :eek:

sirplug May 7th 2007 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad (Post 4749585)
Never mind fairy. You will find the one that you want :thumbup:

Heck thats a song outs Grease innit? :eek:

At least we know what you've been watching on a Saturday nite!:rofl:

Jack The Lad May 7th 2007 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by sirplug (Post 4749739)
At least we know what you've been watching on a Saturday nite!:rofl:

Check your Skype & MSN mate :)

danny.f May 7th 2007 10:55 pm

Sorry Lools-stay patient,or come to Welly!!

Birdey May 8th 2007 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 4749451)
Bah Humbug!
Our 2nd offer on a house was not accepted again, they want us to go higher than we feel we can what with the exchange rate having dipped and our exchange on our sale in the UK being a week off.

Bored of house hunting though. Now, don’t get me wrong ... I am one nosey Fairy. I like nothing more than a browse through the old property pages and what with the terribly modern internet my life was complete!!

Move to New Zealand and you have the cherry on the icing atop the fairy cake with “Open Homes.” A legitimate excuse to nosey around other people’s houses with no explanation necessary. Funtastic!

But my patience hath run dry, I’ve tried various ointments and liquid remedies (although turned my nose up at the substance being suggested by Mr Loolah to cure this drought – that can’t be right, no matter how much Vitamin C he claims is in it?):blink:

We are very fussy. There are a large number of us to please. We all want different things. Me – Robbie Williams (:wub: ). My husband – A Divorce. Only joking! :rofl:

We must have looked at every 4 bedroom house in the area in our budget. The only one we all agreed was “ok” they knock us back? How very dare they?

THANKS for giving me a giggle.. Had a pants day (BIG ones from ethels) and was sulking my way around BE..... now have been forced into a smile,, do you know I quite like it, it doesnt really hurt that much.

Tar very much.

PS Your hubbys wrong ,no Vit C or calcium.. just protein... Boiled eggs and toast, much nicer.