Baggage allowance

Old May 11th 2011, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baggage allowance

Hi All,
We have booked our flights BA/Quantas through Expedia. Can anyone tell me how we can get a bigger baggage allowance or is that not possible. It looks like we will be well over the standard allowance.
Thanks
Kaz
Old May 11th 2011, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baggage allowance

All you can do is contact the airline and tell them you are migrating and ask if they can increase your baggage allowance. Some airlines do and some don't!
Old May 11th 2011, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Be very wary of BA and baggage allowance!!

We were told that we could bring a second suitcase per person for only 30GBP. We confirmed this TWICE on the phone and checked online. When we turned up at the airport to check in they wanted to charge over 500GBP for the second suitcase

They told us it was because only the first part of the trip was with BA and the second was with one of their partners. We argued at the check in but they refused to do anything about it so we dashed to the luggage shop and bought bigger cases and bigger hand luggage cases. We managed to squeeze most of our stuff into those but had to leave behind a few non-essentials

I wrote and complained to BA but never heard anything back from them.
Old May 11th 2011, 11:21 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them your migrating and most airlines used to give you double baggage allowance. Also if you go via the US then they used to have a higher baggage allowance to start off with.
Old May 12th 2011, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by babybella
Hi All,
We have booked our flights BA/Quantas through Expedia. Can anyone tell me how we can get a bigger baggage allowance or is that not possible. It looks like we will be well over the standard allowance.
Thanks
Kaz
My OH flew BA via LA to Auckland, I read online the allowance and I must have read wrong, so when we got to the airport he was only allowed one case and it had to weigh no more than 23kg, if he was over this weight weather he had another bag or not he would have to pay £40 but he would also have had to pay another £40 from LA - AKL because it was a Qantas flight. This must be an issue with everyone because in T5 at heathrow there is a 'repacking area' with tables and scales for you to repack.