Baggage Allowance

Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

vincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nicevincesam is just really nice
Question Baggage Allowance

Hey guys...
we're almost there in the moving process, just waiting for our work permits to come through, then we're off ! New Plymouth here we come !

Found out some info about baggage allowance that some of you might find useful. Extra baggage, suitcase, boxes etc can go as Cargo, which goes on a separate plane, but usually same day you fly, or day after and is cheaper than paying the megga excess baggage the airport charges.......

At the moment the allowance is: Air NZ - via Hong Kong - allowance 20kg per person
anthing over that is £33 per k extra

Contact Air NZ Cargo - (london) 0208 751 5000, (very friendly & very helpful) they will quote you prices to fly extra cases/boxes to your destination in NZ

eg - London-Auckland = up to 45kg - £4.20 per kilo
= over 45kg - £4.00 per kilo (more is cheaper)

eg - London - New Plymouth = up to 45kg - £4.70 per kilo
= over 45kg - £4.50 per kilo (more is cheaper)

You drop your cargo baggage off @ Air NZ Cargo near Heathrow (they will give you the address - it's approx 10min from the airport). One of payment of £61 no matter how many bags, + the charge per kilo of whatever you're sending.
Once in NZ - customs fee of $30-40,depending on weight.

Same person who checked cargo in @Air NZ Cargo near Heathrow (with ID, passport & copy of your plane ticket) must collect in NZ at designated airport. They will telephone you when it arrives and hold it in NZ for 3 days free of charge.

Hope this helps !
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire- soon to be New Plymouth (December 2008)
jill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant futurejill stanton has a brilliant future
Default Re: Baggage Allowance

Thanks for the information.
I am sure that this will be very useful for when we go over, as I am already having dilemmas about what to pack and what to ship, this may solve some of my problems.

I have printed this off for safe keeping til the time comes.

Thanks again

Jill
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vincesam
Hey guys...
we're almost there in the moving process, just waiting for our work permits to come through, then we're off ! New Plymouth here we come !

Found out some info about baggage allowance that some of you might find useful. Extra baggage, suitcase, boxes etc can go as Cargo, which goes on a separate plane, but usually same day you fly, or day after and is cheaper than paying the megga excess baggage the airport charges.......

At the moment the allowance is: Air NZ - via Hong Kong - allowance 20kg per person
anthing over that is £33 per k extra

Contact Air NZ Cargo - (london) 0208 751 5000, (very friendly & very helpful) they will quote you prices to fly extra cases/boxes to your destination in NZ

eg - London-Auckland = up to 45kg - £4.20 per kilo
= over 45kg - £4.00 per kilo (more is cheaper)

eg - London - New Plymouth = up to 45kg - £4.70 per kilo
= over 45kg - £4.50 per kilo (more is cheaper)

You drop your cargo baggage off @ Air NZ Cargo near Heathrow (they will give you the address - it's approx 10min from the airport). One of payment of £61 no matter how many bags, + the charge per kilo of whatever you're sending.
Once in NZ - customs fee of $30-40,depending on weight.

Same person who checked cargo in @Air NZ Cargo near Heathrow (with ID, passport & copy of your plane ticket) must collect in NZ at designated airport. They will telephone you when it arrives and hold it in NZ for 3 days free of charge.

Hope this helps !
Hi...
You could also try DHL..
Check out there website..They have a DHL IT NOW item,with a quick tarriftariff.I've just had a look and what i could make out ,it was £235 for a package weighing 21 kg + takes 1 to 6 days.....This may also help....
Old Sep 19th 2008, 7:43 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We flew Air NZ via LAX - baggage allowance per person (adults and kids) 2 suitcases each of 23kg, so 46kg each, plus 1 piece of handluggage of 7kg each. I know a lot of people moan about flying via LAX but we've done it several times now (with and without kids) and not had a problem.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 8:05 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

OR - you could fly via Dublin I had my sister standing on a weighing scales the day before I came back from my hoilday recently, making sure I wasn't over my 20kg limit - and the feckers didn't even have the scales on when I checked in :curse: They checked it straight through to Auckland too - I could have cried - I'd left a load of stuff to be posted over to me!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

If you contact the customer service deparment of your airline by Email, and explain that you are emigrating, i am sure that most will allow you significantly more luggage allowance. I think that our calculated excess luggage was 1000 pounds !But the checkin guy said it was ok ..........
Try it !! We flew Singapore Airlines, who always give emigrants extra allowance
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:12 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
If you contact the customer service deparment of your airline by Email, and explain that you are emigrating, i am sure that most will allow you significantly more luggage allowance. I think that our calculated excess luggage was 1000 pounds !But the checkin guy said it was ok ..........
Try it !! We flew Singapore Airlines, who always give emigrants extra allowance
Same thing happened with us when we came. We flew Singapore as well.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:57 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore wouldn't give us any extra allowance (2007), thats why we stuck with AirNZ.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

i know many many people who have emigrated with Singapore Airlines and nobody was ever refused, did you arrage it well BEFORE you emigrated ?