Baggage Allowance

Old May 17th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

dollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the roughdollyhill is a jewel in the rough
Default Baggage Allowance

Does anyone know if you automatically get double baggage allowance going one way to NZ?thanks.
Old May 17th 2008, 11:09 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Baggage Allowance

Originally Posted by dollyhill
Does anyone know if you automatically get double baggage allowance going one way to NZ?thanks.
Depends who you are flying with and on what tickets from what I understand.

If you are emigrating worth inquiring, if you don't ask and all that ...
Old May 17th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

newtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nicenewtothis is just really nice

You only get extra baggage allowance if you have the 'right' kind of visa.
PR is a definate, but as far as I can see, work visa is not. We are gutted as are having to send ourselves a box of winter woolies - we can't wait for 8weeks for our container to arrive!
Old May 17th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Your baggage allowance is higher if you travel via USA, as they use piece system rather than travelling out via Far East which uses weight system. I know you are allowed two suitcases per person each up to 23kg. Under weight system, depending on carrier, it's around 20kg total per person. Allowances also increase if you travel Business or First!!!!!!
Old May 18th 2008, 10:53 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We came out on WTR visas and got the extra baggage allowance. Fly via USA with Air NZ and you each get 2 at 23kg plus 7kg for your flight bag - kids get the same allowance. Coming via Hong Kong they would only allow 1 case at 20kg each person. It's always worth asking the carrier though as they may up your limit.
Old May 18th 2008, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Hubby going via Singapore.

Travel agent applied for immigrants bagage of 50kg. Must have blue stickers in passport and can only be used onec.
Old May 18th 2008, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

ErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant futureErikR has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
We came out on WTR visas and got the extra baggage allowance. Fly via USA with Air NZ and you each get 2 at 23kg plus 7kg for your flight bag - kids get the same allowance. Coming via Hong Kong they would only allow 1 case at 20kg each person. It's always worth asking the carrier though as they may up your limit.
That's true - and that's why we booked our flights through LA next month! We both hate LAX but it's only a 2 hour wait while they clean and refuel the plane so just a minor price to pay for 230% more luggage
Old May 18th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Hi, we flew out with Singapore airlines and got double the normal baggage allowance. We had to ask for it, got it confirmed by email and got 40kg x 4 instead of the usual 20kg. We could take as many bags as we liked as long as it didn't exeed the 40 kg per person limit. Even brought daughters electric guitar. Its always worth asking the airline. By the way, that was on a LTBV.
Old May 18th 2008, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

squiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of lightsquiddley is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Forgive my ignorance.....But what is an LTBV?????
Thanks
Old May 19th 2008, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

I had to beg Singapore airlines for extra at the airport, even though I got confirmation via telephone and a note was made on my booking.
The ground staff got confused with the stamps in my passport, and said I had already used my right to double the weight (they were confusing the visitors stamp you get when you go on holiday)....so, my advice is be prepared to stand your ground, and give them a sob story etc etc....it was all very stressful as they were going to refuse my extra baggage. They do reserve the right to refuse extra baggage, even if they have said they can allow you extra, so be warned!!

I find this extra baggage thing annoying....to add to this. I got charged $70 excess flying to Sydney from Ak....for 3kg. When are they going to start weighing passengers I wonder?!
Old May 19th 2008, 2:46 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, I wish I could get extra allowance.
I'm flying with Singapore next month. Limit is 20kg and excess baggage charge is 38 quid per kilo!

I wanted to bring back some 18kg shock absorbers and save 130 quid postage
Old May 19th 2008, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by squiddley
Hi
Forgive my ignorance.....But what is an LTBV?????
Thanks
Long Term Business Visa - 3 year temporary visa allowing you to set up and run your own business. After 2 years trading you can apply for PR
Old May 20th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all

Thanks for the tips,now to throw a curve ball at you.I am migrating to Dunedin possibly in July on PR with my wife.It is more than likely we will fly into Auckland first.I am staying with friends for 2 days before getting an internal flight to Dunedin.It,s only Air NZ who fly into there I think so what becomes of my 4 suitcases??Am I going to be restricted to flying all the journey with Air NZ?Can I fly on the double allowance with another carrier to AKL and beg Air NZ to allow the 4 cases on the AKL to Dunedin leg?
Old May 20th 2008, 9:34 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnz
Thanks for the tips,now to throw a curve ball at you.I am migrating to Dunedin possibly in July on PR with my wife.It is more than likely we will fly into Auckland first.I am staying with friends for 2 days before getting an internal flight to Dunedin.It,s only Air NZ who fly into there I think so what becomes of my 4 suitcases??Am I going to be restricted to flying all the journey with Air NZ?Can I fly on the double allowance with another carrier to AKL and beg Air NZ to allow the 4 cases on the AKL to Dunedin leg?
If you are travelling on the same ticket all the way through then they will honour your 2 pces. If you have bought a seperate ticket for just the Dunedin flight you will only get the 20kgs..
Old May 20th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

johnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to alljohnnz is a name known to all

Thanks Andrew I thought as much