Bad long quake.

Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad long quake.

Old Nov 15th 2016, 7:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Charismatic

It looks like the governments statistician Liz MacPherson is not impressed that her 5 story building became a 4 story building with unusually high ceilings on one floor.
I know. Gave us a smile,did that.

edit...
It is just The Herald vids that I can't view.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 15th 2016 at 7:44 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS

edit...
It is just The Herald vids that I can't view.
Might need to update your internet browser.

What are you using?
Old Nov 15th 2016, 8:12 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bad long quake.

Also install/update flash.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 5:21 am
`

Firefox auto updates and has. Flash is also up to date.

Anyway.

This has made me very sad about the waterfall and the seals

Before anyone blasts me , I once drove an 8 hour round trip just to see this. It is or was a very special place. I do not know where else in the world you would see something like that. So free, happy and natural , yet accessible.

We can perhaps rebuild roads, houses and communities. Can we get back this special kindergarden pre-school. No.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 6:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bad long quake.

Is it plugged in at the wall?

What about other browsers like IE/Edge or Chrome?
Old Nov 16th 2016, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway.

Before anyone blasts me , I once drove an 8 hour round trip just to see this. It is or was a very special place. I do not know where else in the world you would see something like that. So free, happy and natural , yet accessible.

We can perhaps rebuild roads, houses and communities. Can we get back this special kindergarden pre-school. No.
No blasting here. I used to take the wife and kids to there a lot It would be a trip to the baby seals in the morning, lunch at either the crayfish stall or the restaurant up in the hills (with a golf course) and then back home via the seal colony.

It's one of my favourite places and I'm heartbroken that I'll probably never see the place again. I really hope they can repair it but it sounds as if it's gone for good. So sad
Old Nov 16th 2016, 7:20 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

We only went once and there were no pups there - we had plans to go again when next in the area
I'm sure I read that they think the seals will return so hopefully that's the case, obviously it will never be the same.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 7:41 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

well we had a mini tornado up in Waikanae. A friend if mine said she thought her French doors were going to come in but luckily they stood up to it.

Mini tornado causes damage in Kapiti | Stuff.co.nz

Last edited by MrsFychan; Nov 16th 2016 at 7:44 am.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
I know they had a really shit time but I hope that in their shoes I would have the humility to realise that moaning to the media about a wrecked holiday and a few more thousand on the mortgage makes me look like an asshole when the backdrop is wrecked homes, wrecked lives, and people who will likely be facing difficulties such as being homeless, the ongoing fear of quakes, and needing to relocate families. But I do appreciate it must have been a scary and exhausting few days for them. Hope they have an uneventful trip home.
Completely agree! They are more than welcome to come stay with me and my family to see what the north island has to offer x
Old Nov 16th 2016, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Anyway.

Im there with you Bevs, very sad, been many times over the last year, I was their last weekend but luckily this is out of season so there was hardly any seals in the falls. My friends also got engaged their a couple of month ago so has special memories and was a truly magical place for all that visited it.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

SH1 has taken a lot of slip damage and there is talk of some of it not being repairable, at least in its current form.
So far there has been no mention of the railway which is alongside the road in the shoreline bits.
I know the railways aren't used much, but the tourist train down from Picton to Christchurch was a big thing I was hoping to do one day.
Anyone know what is planned?
Old Nov 16th 2016, 7:25 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

I know BEVS, what a sad day. It really was a magical and very special place. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning when we approached the waterfall and a few pups were swimming around Adults and kids all had ear to ear grins as we all stood and watched them play.

It sucks.
Old Nov 16th 2016, 11:37 pm
`

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
SH1 has taken a lot of slip damage and there is talk of some of it not being repairable, at least in its current form.
So far there has been no mention of the railway which is alongside the road in the shoreline bits.
Have a look at this article with some footage.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Very impressive.

That's how NZ rose from the sea in the past (only to be eroded down again before rising once more).

Perhaps we don't need to worry about rising sea levels after all

Last edited by LoCarb; Nov 17th 2016 at 12:51 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.