Bad long quake.

Old Nov 15th 2016, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bad long quake.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Arrgghhh!

I cannot get the Herald vids to work at all.
You need some techie help...

Any techie's out there who can sort this???
Old Nov 15th 2016, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Just checking in from Christchurch.

It feels completely surreal down here and I feel so helpless to make a difference up there.

Thinking of you all who are affected. I can recommend cheesy pop songs for getting rid of post aftershock adrenaline.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 4:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I am very relieved to read that Pom.
Hard days ahead but your friends are safe .
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Bad bluddy jolting.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:45 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Stay safe everyone down there
The aftershocks are the worst, they just keep coming and you can't relax-hope they stop for you soon.

Bevs, probably best not to view the Herald link-I saw it earlier and felt like punching them and I am really not a violent person
It said in the writeup that they had no insurance; they should really be thanking their lucky stars that nothing worse happened than them being stranded in Kaikoura and still able to whinge about how useless the British embassy was...
Old Nov 15th 2016, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Good god what a pair of obnoxious brits that first couple were, what an unbelievably selfish attitude they had. They'll go back to Britain all full of moans and prob get on the telly there to do more moaning ... good riddance to them, they give the rest of us a bad reputation. The second couple were lovely.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Bad bluddy jolting.
I haven't really felt anything today, maybe just a wobble or two I think you're getting the brunt of it at the top of the South Island BEVS
Old Nov 15th 2016, 6:41 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bad long quake.

Originally Posted by LauraNotts
I can recommend cheesy pop songs for getting rid of post aftershock adrenaline.
Go on...what are your top 10.

It looks like the governments statistician Liz MacPherson is not impressed that her 5 story building became a 4 story building with unusually high ceilings on one floor.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Had a quick look on Geonet and the quakes are quite shallow now too aren't they so they'll be feeling even stronger even though they're smaller.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

One of the five pointers I think was about 2km in depth?? We've been feeling them a lot even though we're 70-120km south of them.
Thoughts are with every single householder who now have to face dealing with EQC. If the earthquakes were bad, just wait for this battle. I'm so sorry that you have to go through it all.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Go on...what are your top 10.

It looks like the governments statistician Liz MacPherson is not impressed that her 5 story building became a 4 story building with unusually high ceilings on one floor.

- Gangnam Style
- Shake it out (I am not without a sense of irony)
- I am the one and only (or a healthy ego)
- Poi-e (because why wouldn't you)

That's at least 4 - the rest just go for 90s pop.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SSky
Good god what a pair of obnoxious brits that first couple were, what an unbelievably selfish attitude they had. They'll go back to Britain all full of moans and prob get on the telly there to do more moaning ... good riddance to them, they give the rest of us a bad reputation. The second couple were lovely.
Sadly I can't see them pushing Trump and Brexit off the news.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Songs:

Shaking all over - Johnny Kid and the Pirates
Bend me shape me - Amin Corner
Slip Sliding Away - Paul Simon
Old Nov 15th 2016, 3:21 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone the very best in the aftermath of the quake - it looks pretty bad from the pictures I'm seeing. Hope all those in the area are safe. Love to all.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Catchafire
I have attached brackets to them and screwed them into the joists. Nuclear bomb could go off under the house, but they aren't moving!
Those brackets may come in handy according to the doomsday clock, we're only three minutes to midnight now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.