Bad long quake.

Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad long quake.

What earthquake (in Kerikeri) :-)

It will put the frighteners on potential migrants.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 4:56 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I won't have to endure the trauma of a Monday as well. Multi-story buildings need an engineers check before reopening.

Super moon tonight, co-incidence?
Old Nov 13th 2016, 6:18 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

my water isn't safe but luckily we have pure water for the tank so will have to filter some more.
anyone around Waikanae or wants to travel and has water issues can offer filtered water, just let me know.
takes about 25mins to fill a 10ltr container. which you will have to bring yourself, obviously any size but that gives you an idea of how long it will take.
Attached Thumbnails Bad long quake.-dsc_0032_3.jpg  
Old Nov 13th 2016, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you all from the rainy UK.

Our latest reports say two dead; around Kaikura I think.

If the migrants are all scared off then we are still here waving.

Stay safe.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:24 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Wowzers, felt that one! A sleepless night for everyone. I hope you are all OK. I have friends in Kaikoura and can't get hold of them And the tsunami warning keeps going off and not sure what to do!
Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:25 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

HOLY F&^*BALLS! MASSIVE EARTHQUAKE!!!

All good here in Marlborough, with us, only had a lamp come down from the ceiling. Kids woke up and we all went "turtle safe". Went on for a bout a minute, which is a long time! Lots of wobbly aftershock and girls off school. Everyone in good spirits. Knowing, what I know, the wineries will have a big repair bills coming soon.

Hope everyone is OK. Thoughts to our friends in Kaikoura.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Wowzers, felt that one! A sleepless night for everyone. I hope you are all OK. I have friends in Kaikoura and can't get hold of them And the tsunami warning keeps going off and not sure what to do!
Stay off the beaches.

Home » Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management has some tsunami info. If you are not in a tsunami risk area you need do nothing.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 8:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Catcha I am so pleased you thought to pop by as I did think of you and yours.

Yeah. Good friend of a pal of mine has shared pics of the ruination of part of his block in Ward and also of a road with a mighty crack in it.

Yup. Stuff shook off our bookcase up here. The birds were flapping in their cages. The stairs did their magic jelly wobbly trick.

I don't care who knows it. I slept downstairs on the lounge floor - right close to our front door with a grab bag of random stuff right by my earhole. and I wasn't even near the epicentre like Catcha.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 9:06 pm
`

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Kaikoura is cut off Pom. Just leave one voicemail and then wait which is very hard but it helps to keep all lines clear.

If you are getting a Tsunami warning, take yourselves to higher ground or to your evacuation centre NOW.

Look at this map of your area

to add. King tides are on their way. Please err on the side of caution.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 13th 2016 at 9:13 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Woken up to a long rolling quake, went on for one to two minutes and it was like being on a rocky boat. Was shocked when i looked on geonet to see it as a 7.5 located in an area that is two hours from here so i knew if it was that bad here then towns around the epicenter would be devastated. Getting aftershocks throughout the night in the fives and even a few over six in the Richter scale was also worrying and couldn't sleep due to worrying if Christchurch was gonna be hit by another big one. Also with the tsunami sirens going off and people fleeing to higher ground. Two deaths so far, if it happened during the day i believe it would have been much higher. Hopefully no more big ones come though as after the other large valentines day quake in Christchurch months ago it seems Canterbury is only going to continue to get hammered with quakes.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 10:58 pm
`

Two quakes at the same time it seems.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 11:16 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Kaikoura is cut off Pom. Just leave one voicemail and then wait which is very hard but it helps to keep all lines clear.

If you are getting a Tsunami warning, take yourselves to higher ground or to your evacuation centre NOW.

Look at this map of your area

to add. King tides are on their way. Please err on the side of caution.
Thanks BEVS. What didn't help in our area was the confusion at the time of who was supposed to be evacuating. First it was 5km from sea, then 1km, then 3km. Some towns have the siren, others don't, some were confused and thought they had to go when they didn't which meant everyone followed. Civil Defense and local council didn't do a huge amount of updating during the tsunami warning so we were all in a state of tired confusion. An evacuation center has been set up just down the road from us so I'm guessing we are OK being only 100m away from the building.

Glad it's all over (hopefully). I shall sit and stare at my phone willing it to be my friends
Old Nov 13th 2016, 11:19 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Please take care of yourselves.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Another strong shake of 6.7 there
Old Nov 13th 2016, 11:43 pm
She'll be right

Originally Posted by paddy234
Another strong shake of 6.7 there
Yep, felt that one. Cats looked up surprised... then went back to sleep. If only it were that simple for us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.