Bad long quake.

Old Nov 18th 2016, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad long quake.

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Loving the building that was "inspected" but when employees went back they noticed the floor wasn't level. Employees now been told to sod off again while the engineers have (what i hope is) a propper look.

Interesting that New Zealand Post House/Kiwibank building was also damaged which is almost over the road from BNZ Bank call centre and round the corner from the Statistics New Zealand building. Surely the boffins will have to have a quiet cup of tea/coffee and a properly good think about what needs to be done to those waterfront buildings to reinforce the existing structures the secure fixtures, fittings etc.
I hope they get it right, I'd hate to see another CTV situation with a building
Old Nov 18th 2016, 7:37 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Loving the building that was "inspected" but when employees went back they noticed the floor wasn't level. Employees now been told to sod off again while the engineers have (what i hope is) a propper look.
MrF knows someone who works in the building and apparently that person told him that the floors always sloped from the middle to the walls, just no one really noticed it before. Would be interesting to see who is right.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 2:52 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Just catching up with this thread. Can't believe that British couple complaining. British Government etc. And the cost is why you get holiday insurance, surely?

Anyway. Our recently strengthened building on The Terrace has been signed off, though the stairs look a bit of a mess.

They finished re-decorating this two weeks ago.
Old Nov 21st 2016, 3:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've finally been able to watch the two bits of vid.

The honeymoon couple were lovely I hope they enjoyed Nelson even though it was a bit shaky.

The first couple with the kids was most odd almost like a spoof . Bizarre & I can only put this down to being totally and blindingly fearful
Old Nov 21st 2016, 4:46 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley

Anyway. Our recently strengthened building on The Terrace has been signed off, though the stairs look a bit of a mess.

They finished re-decorating this two weeks ago.
Is that the wallpaper that was all the range in the 70's? woodchip wall paper?
Old Nov 21st 2016, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Ha Ha looks like anaglypta. Proper 70's wallpaper and insanely hard to remove...I remember stripping that stuff off a few times over the years.
Our current headquarters office building on The Terrace also suffered superficial cracking and loss of plaster in the stairwells after being all newly plastered and decorated after the lat big shake in the CBD.
It did get some strengthening work after the last one and we are told it's capable of withstanding a magnitude 9.0 now although wouldn't like to be in there when one of those comes along. Shaking was bad enough with the previous 7.4!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

A lovely 90 second 5.7 hit earlier this evening. Just as I was serving up the kids tea

Followed by at least 5 decent four pointers.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 7:09 am

looks like Culverden is having a wiggle
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

I was out in my studio busy vigorously sanding something so never felt it but the rest of the fam did, they said it felt like a big sideways shove.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 11:52 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing video of the Kekerengu Fault

Old Nov 23rd 2016, 2:27 am

poor people

Residents south of Kaikoura urgently evacuated after earthquake - National - NZ Herald News
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 3:45 am

http://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/from...News | Newshub

land change in Kaikoura
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 5:13 am
`

Does anyone else think the current news reporters pronunciation of Kaikoura lately has become a bit guttural and odd.

I know from radio progs that others think the same so whats going on with that.

Weird. Sounds like they are spitting.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't noticed but I'll pay attention next time they talking about it.
I didn't know how to pronounce a lot of the town names until I got out and worked with kiwis and then the locals told me that the news presenters were a bit pretentious with their pronunciation of some of the towns around us so I'm still confused a lot.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:11 pm
`

Well foey.

I shot outta bed last night just after 1am thinking Quake!

Checking geonet this morning there doesn't seem to have been any strong aftershock at all.

Must have been me snoring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.