Is it this bad??

Old Jul 28th 2009, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it this bad??

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
The website is hosted in Texas - but that doesn't necessarily mean much

To me, the moderator doesn't sound kiwi, or British. He obviously has a rather large racial chip on his shoulder. I would guess black/Asian American. Not sure what to make of the "Zionist" references - could indicate either Arab/Muslim or someone who doesn't know what Zioinst means

It's the clinical paranoia that cracks me up - to the author, the whole country is in some dark conspiracy against foreigners, particularly reflectively challenged ones. Anyone who dies here has been murdered by the SIS. A delay of more than 30 mins in releasing the deceased's name to the press is suspicious. If some idiot jumps off a waterfall and dies there was obviously a masked government employee at the top giving them a big push.

I would just love to know what happened to this person to make him hate NZ so much

Secret agents (hidden in my wallpaper) have tried to kill me seventeen times..or is it 17 million times? Wibble. But then again I am an alien. Wibble. Yes, wibble, aye?
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

I can understand the feeling of wondering if you've made a mistake and a small amount of wishful thinking that goes along with that, BUT i think part of that and the conspiracy theories that goes on is down to a state of mind.

Personally, i don't know if i will stay where i am currently or even move out of the country, but there again i'm young enough to not want to 'settle down' and think about retirement yet. I do feel that I would've regretted not coming here and have enjoyed the experience afterall, unless you try how will you know?

I do get a bit frustrated with people in the UK (who've never been here!) telling me about the 12 months of 30-40 degree sunshine, cheap housing, cheap cost of living, etc.... but part of what they say is because the grass always seems greener, as well as some rubbish printed in the 'lesser quality' fish wrappings! You do get the same in NZ with people telling you how cold, crowded and expensive the UK is (who've never been there!) and it wasn't where i lived! Both places have their advantages and disadvantages and it depends on what you're looking for as to whether you'll find it in either or another place.

This conspiracy stuff is another matter completely, and really worrying especially when some of these people left the country a while ago! It does make you question why the need is felt to waste time whinging about a country you no longer reside in, when it's not healthy to live like that?

I've recently had experiences with a couple of people i work with, who had conspiracy theories about the company i work for and even continued to 'fight' after they left. Everything thing is 'the management' trying to 'do' them out of something, done on purpose just to get at them. I believe it's similar and possibly a way that they feel 'useful' when they are 'depressed'? Unfortunately some people take a negative path to try and feel useful and it's made worse when they receive positive reinforcement (goading!).

It's really sad to watch, but a bit like car crash tv.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

Blimey i waffled then!!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cold, It does make you question why the need is felt to waste time whinging about a country you no longer reside in, when it's not healthy to live like that?

It's really sad to watch, but a bit like car crash tv.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I have never understood why oh why people seem to take it soooooooooooo personally that NZ was not for them and go on to make a name for themselves slagging the place off and warning folk of all the inherent danger of living in NZ. Just like all places NZ has its fair share of shite..no one is denying that.

I do not go to places where I could slag off 'all that's wrong with the UK'..what a waste of time that would be. Let sleeping dogs lie aye? Some people really do need to find closure and git themselves a new life..or a good analyst. Uh-oh..the wallpaper's moving again...wibble.
Old Jul 28th 2009, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

You need to take another one of the green pills Genesis, that'll settle you down.......just stay away from the little blue ones!
Old Jul 28th 2009, 8:35 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

I think its the need to blame something else, anything else, rather than take a bit of responsibility themselves,

or even more rationally than that, put it down to experience, which is what most peeps who find a new country doesn't suit them do.

I struggle to see how that sort of personality will really get ahead anywhere, because you're always going to get some breaks going against you, wherever you are.