British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Back to work on MONDAY!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/back-work-monday-519531/)

dave.and.lisa Mar 6th 2008 8:22 am

Back to work on MONDAY!!!

Really depressed today, NZ feels like a long way off and after being off for 9mths with my gorgeous girl. I am back at work Monday. Been really stressed about it as I really can't stand it!!! Management are not good infact saying they were bullies would not be far off:(:frown: In the whole time I have been off not one of the managers have even contacted me to say congrats or when you back NOTHING!! Just waiting for that tumble weed shooting stars feeling when i walk in the office door Monday!!

Any other time of my life I'd be off like a shot but trapped there short term due to child care and future plans of NZ. I was so excited when the offer was on the house thought yipeeeeeee here comes my notice but thats fallen through now too:thumbdown:

Ah well rough with smooth and all that!!!!
Lisa x

Bonniewoo Mar 6th 2008 8:35 am

Re: Back to work on MONDAY!!!

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa (Post 6024866)
Really depressed today, NZ feels like a long way off and after being off for 9mths with my gorgeous girl. I am back at work Monday. Been really stressed about it as I really can't stand it!!! Management are not good infact saying they were bullies would not be far off:(:frown: In the whole time I have been off not one of the managers have even contacted me to say congrats or when you back NOTHING!! Just waiting for that tumble weed shooting stars feeling when i walk in the office door Monday!!

Any other time of my life I'd be off like a shot but trapped there short term due to child care and future plans of NZ. I was so excited when the offer was on the house thought yipeeeeeee here comes my notice but thats fallen through now too:thumbdown:

Lisa x

Hi Lisa

How depressing, but hey chin up and keep thinking about all those plans! I'm also going back to office work in a couple of weeks time and not looking forward to it at all!

I've spent the past two years doing a bit of driving work a couple of days a week with a late start and an early finish and being a housewife in between. But now going back to office work every day to get some more cash to help with the move.

Look on the brightside, we've got something to really look forward to eventually! :)

Lisa

jads Mar 6th 2008 8:42 am

Lisa x

Cheer up Lisa:D
At least you have a dream, loads of people trundle through life with no aspirations.
We have been looking at NZ for nearly 3 years now, that has flown by, but in a way I'm glad its taken that long so you have time to get loads of views and info about NZ.
When you get close to that decision it makes you feel sick one minute and great the next, we are all over the place at the minute:eek:

Keep working at it and if its gonna lead you to NZ, whats the rush.

Take it easy

Cheers Jads

pumpkinlou Mar 6th 2008 8:45 am

Hi Lisa,

I know that feeling. But just keep thinking that you have your escape all planned. It won't be long, and you will never have to see those people again. That's what is keeping me going in my job!!

Lou

SarahB Mar 6th 2008 8:55 am

Lisa x

Oh, that brings back memories. I had 6 months off with my son and went back to work working for the same company but in their Call Centre. I hated it so much... my supervisor was really nasty and had no man management skills whatsoever. The day I handed in my notice to say I was emigrating was great!! What made it better was that she'd lived in NZ for 9 months and loved it... I also heard she got made redundant after I left, what a shame, couldnt happen to a nicer person.:D

Anyway, chin up and all that stuff! Good luck for Monday and I hope its not as bad as youre expecting it to be!! Virtual hugs to you, SarahB

dave.and.lisa Mar 6th 2008 9:12 am

Ahhhh thanks all. I really love this site so many nice folk on here!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jjthefridge Mar 6th 2008 9:58 am

Hi,

I'm back to work monday, had a knee op begining of Feb month, only been walking properly again for a week. So back monday, on call monday, BUT book time off hopefully tomorrow, then book flights to nz, and plan recce.

And I've just got used to day time tv.

Good Luck Monday (managment sucks)

j.j.:frown:

dave.and.lisa Mar 6th 2008 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by jjthefridge (Post 6025198)
Hi,

I'm back to work monday, had a knee op begining of Feb month, only been walking properly again for a week. So back monday, on call monday, BUT book time off hopefully tomorrow, then book flights to nz, and plan recce.

And I've just got used to day time tv.

Good Luck Monday (managment sucks)

j.j.:frown:

Good luck with the recce where are you looking??

I will so miss daytime tv too, the wright stuff, phil and fern!! as well as all the nice mums at mum and tot's. I had a lovely little morning thing going on. ah well. Hope the knee is ok!!:thumbup:

jjthefridge Mar 6th 2008 4:32 pm

We're basically going everywhere, where i've got interviews, Timura, Dunedin possible more in south island, then all over north island, hopefully spend a couple of 3 days in each town/city. hire camper vans, and use grab-a-seat with air nz to get around.

I haven't watched the wright stuff, had to suffer lose women, doctors has been ok, the royal today, was better when doc martin was on, then there's that golden balls thing, haven't got a clue whats going on. And I'd love to know why the really good programs are on late.(but nothing to get up for) Dexter was good last night, got physio tomorrow, so early ish night tonight.

Be like last day of summer holidays when you're young on sunday, bath hair wash, bed early.

j.j.

Frenchy Mar 8th 2008 9:42 am

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa (Post 6026527)
Good luck with the recce where are you looking??

I will so miss daytime tv too, the wright stuff, phil and fern!! as well as all the nice mums at mum and tot's. I had a lovely little morning thing going on. ah well. Hope the knee is ok!!:thumbup:

Okay Lisa get used to doing without daytime TV as here well..... its bad!!!!
Keep your chin up love it will happen honest!! xx

spid Mar 8th 2008 10:46 am

Oh, I feel for you - keep your chin up and think about that big smile you will get when you return from work:thumbsup:

dave.and.lisa Mar 8th 2008 11:20 am

Thanks all!!!!
not really that bothered about telly much, but if it choice of going to where I work and Fern and Phil........Then its fern and Phill all the way!!!!!:thumbsup:

pumpkinlou Mar 8th 2008 11:51 am

Totally with you on the Fern and Phil thing. When I was on mat leave with my first, I had the whole day planned from 8.30 right through till about 6 (Sad I know) it was Lorraine Kelly, then Over to the beeb for To buy or not to buy, then Fern and phil, then working lunch, then neighbours, doctors and murder she wrote. Usually something like Columbo on Channel 5, or Escape to the Country on BBC2. It was FAB! And i was very miffed to miss it all when I returned to work. Ah! The good old days!!

Best of luck!

Lou
xx