Back Stretching

Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back Stretching

Originally Posted by donnaf
Fortunately I couldn't see him (I could hear him) but if the kids hysterical laughter was anything to go by it was worth seeing. He's had a bit of a rave to Moby, now chilling to Pink Floyd ... the alcohol is obviously wearing off now, although he is singing loudly and playing the drums / breakfast bar - you may be able to hear him if you listen carefully.

His foot work leaves a lot to be desired
If he's playing the drums, he must have found the whiskey!!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:21 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

His foot work leaves a lot to be desired
U and stasia with the eagles/chilli peppers in the back ground any better?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
dribs, yoga, yoga and more yoga. I have some DVDs if you want/need to borrow any. Once you've done that for about a month, and done a shitload of walking, and you're still not right, then see a chiro. Might just need a swift adjustment, which you can get done in 3 visits if you're lucky.

Hubby put his back out in 2005 when we were in England. He'd had muscle spasms for a few years and after much nagging, I got him to a chiro in England. 3 visits in 3 days (first was the day of the bombings in London when we were supposed to be in town, so probably lucky there, eh? ) and some extremely strong painkillers from a very nice GP from Barbados the day of our flight back, and he's pretty much been right as rain ever since.

His quack of a doctor in the US always wanted him to go and have physical therapy. Sod.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to drop off the yoga DVDs.

Not working tomorrow then, eh?
No but he does have the kids ... I'd rather be in work than have the kids with a hangover
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:24 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

No but he does have the kids ... I'd rather be in work than have the kids with a hangover
Heh... same here and I only have the one.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:26 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Maz
dribs, yoga, yoga and more yoga. I have some DVDs if you want/need to borrow any. Once you've done that for about a month, and done a shitload of walking, and you're still not right, then see a chiro. Might just need a swift adjustment, which you can get done in 3 visits if you're lucky.

Hubby put his back out in 2005 when we were in England. He'd had muscle spasms for a few years and after much nagging, I got him to a chiro in England. 3 visits in 3 days (first was the day of the bombings in London when we were supposed to be in town, so probably lucky there, eh? ) and some extremely strong painkillers from a very nice GP from Barbados the day of our flight back, and he's pretty much been right as rain ever since.

His quack of a doctor in the US always wanted him to go and have physical therapy. Sod.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to drop off the yoga DVDs.

Not working tomorrow then, eh?

Thanks for the offer, never thought of standing still in a hot room with only a turbin and a lion cloth on... personally not my schene, more into the active movements - like martial arts..

However if nothing else comes up I might have to actually do some research on it rather than giving it my impulsive comments, so dont go using the discs as frisbies/coasters just yet

Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dribble
U and stasia with the eagles/chilli peppers in the back ground any better?
Had I anymore than a vague recollection of anytime I've been drinking with stasia and your missus I might be able to provide an answer - needless to say whenever I've had a glass of wine I think I am a most excellent dancer / singer

Simon - how did you guess, you know him too well

We've got Coldplay and louder drumming now but limited singing - he obviously doesn't know all the words to this one.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:28 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the offer, never thought of standing still in a hot room with only a turbin and a lion cloth on... personally not my schene, more into the active movements - like martial arts..

However if nothing else comes up I might have to actually do some research on it rather than giving it my impulsive comments, so dont go using the discs as frisbies/coasters just yet

You obviously have a very wrong pre-conceived idea of yoga then. Sorry to hear that.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:23 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
You obviously have a very wrong pre-conceived idea of yoga then. Sorry to hear that.
you could try pilates if you are averse to mumbo jumbo as some people put it, but then many martial arts have similar priciples of centering down, etc.......

or is that too "trendy" ......??

as I say, child's pose, one of the most basic yoga positions is great for stretching out the lower back and could well help with your referred pain.......the one in the ass.........did my syatic pain no end of good

though I suppose the naked female instructor did take my mind off it!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:26 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Originally Posted by lardyl
you could try pilates if you are averse to mumbo jumbo as some people put it, but then many martial arts have similar priciples of centering down, etc.......

as I say, child's pose, one of the most basic yoga positions is great for stretching out the lower back and could well help with your referred pain.......the one in the ass.........did my syatic pain no end of good

Pilates, I had a go at that in my youth, lots of long stretches... seems ok on the thighs.

Mumbo Jumbo?

Martial Arts is discplined and give you other benefits too - confidence etc etc (can only comment on it as I have practised it)

I am guessing that the instructor would had made you stretch in other areas too ooeeerr mrs!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:35 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey "mumbo jumbo" is not my term although some people get put off by the "spiritual" part of yoga - as my last osteopath put it!,
I'm back into karate, having just spent my first year training and doing kumite since I was 10 or so......my son enjoys it and graded a couple of weeks ago.
Excellent for his
gross motor skills
confidence
balance
discipline
and social skills
here:
http://www.gkrkarate.com/locations/l....asp?suburb=58
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:37 am
you dewty owld maan!

...I am guessing that the instructor would had made you stretch in other areas too ooeeerr mrs!
I can't comment on Yoga - never been to a class but have been instructed in these postions by physio and ostiopath. My real problem is a massive stiffness in all areas........

again the naked yoga video with those darned fuzzy bits (too much pausing) is to blame.......
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:38 am
Maz

Ian, you talking to me about Pilates? If not, don't worry. Well versed in it. If so... do carry on, this could be amusing.

Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:42 am
Maz

Dribble: Martial Arts is discplined
No, really? And nothing else is, I guess.

Last edited by Maz; Mar 24th 2008 at 10:45 am. Reason: quote was messed up
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:42 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Maz
Ian, you talking to me about Pilates? If not, don't worry. Well versed in it. If so... do carry on, this could be amusing.
no the OP.........
he got the wrong end of the stick - usual for me as I am not the best communicator in the world.......
or diplomat.....
or humble person....
or Uriah Heep.....
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:45 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Hey "mumbo jumbo" is not my term although some people get put off by the "spiritual" part of yoga - as my last osteopath put it!,
I'm back into karate, having just spent my first year training and doing kumite since I was 10 or so......my son enjoys it and graded a couple of weeks ago.
Excellent for his
gross motor skills
confidence
balance
discipline
and social skills
here:
http://www.gkrkarate.com/locations/l....asp?suburb=58
nice one mate... I am based down in Welly... I thought about Karate, but as I have done TKD for about 5 years its hard to get out of those habits.

I was thinking something like Kung Fu/Tai Chi (completely different style)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.