Back Stretching

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:20 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all
Default Back Stretching

I have been increasingly suffering from a creaky back. I do the normal "old man" exercises in the morning but it just aint cutting. I have used a pair of gravity boots in my youth to help stretch my back during physical training in martial arts.

Has anyone tried an inversion table? What they like and can they compare to a pair of gravity boots?

L
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:47 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

dribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to alldribble is a name known to all
Default Re: Back Stretching

I guess you are all non sufferers then?

was going to seek the help of a chiro... any advice there?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:00 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Cycle to work if practical, walk walk walk, and yoga. Also, you may be dehydrated and your kidneys are acting up so add lots of water to your routine.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:03 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

30 miles.. +

Time is of the essence (excuses) - for yoga... could try and get back into TKD

Water levels are good, its actual muscle stiffness and spinal clicks I am getting
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Walking is one of the best things you can do for back pain ...no I said waLking dribble
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:44 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Originally Posted by donnaf
Walking is one of the best things you can do for back pain ...no I said waLking dribble
ding dong... we have a live one here!

Umm, I agree that exercise is the best for circulation, but I think this it more than that. I get more relief (steady donna) when I stretch than if I got myself all heated and move faster
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:45 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Child's pose from basic yoga, plus the cat and the dog stance were recommended by my physios and osteopath. If you injure it or suspect a muscular problem then ice and the correct strtching regime is the best way to go first.
Is it lower, upper or mid back.....
I once had cranial sacral massage for my back - weird stuff from a physio that had done wonders on my knees a few years before, really odd, but it got the back out of spasm....
However, when I tore a big muscle in the lower back 18 months later I went to an osteopath and I must say I have not had so much relief when gripped in a lady's thighs for many a long year........
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:49 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

ok, from the bottom up... I have "like siatica" pain in my right butt check/lower back. towards the middle of my back (both sides of spine) is feels like its wrapped in tight bandage (pulling shoulders back makes it click)
between shoulder blades is like a mild numb pain, also sorted with shoulders being moved. base of scull/neck - this clicks when I put ears to shoulders...
tense traps..

most of its to do with my posture I know and lack of exersice... but the lower back I can not fix.. I am sure that gravity is causing that...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Alcohol always helps...
You can buy glucosamine which I used a couple of years ago for an achey back, it was pretty good, failing that definitely alcohol.
You could also try physio - Waitangirua HC is probably the nearest place - have you been in for your new patient assessment to the docs yet?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:56 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

you buying then donna?

I havent, coz I have never needed a Dr (dont do drugs) and usually fairly healthy.

Umm, I was thinking inverting myself like a bat would relief the pressure on the discs. The cost of a bench would be the same price as one visit to the physio I am guessing?

Unless there are some willing people to run up and down me back?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dribble
you buying then donna?

I havent, coz I have never needed a Dr (dont do drugs) and usually fairly healthy.

Umm, I was thinking inverting myself like a bat would relief the pressure on the discs. The cost of a bench would be the same price as one visit to the physio I am guessing?

Unless there are some willing people to run up and down me back?
Danny said he'll run up and down your back, he's gone to put his trainers on, he'll be with you in 5, although he's a bit worn out as he has been dancing to James Brown, on his own , in the sitting room ... sad
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:13 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Danny said he'll run up and down your back, he's gone to put his trainers on, he'll be with you in 5, although he's a bit worn out as he has been dancing to James Brown, on his own , in the sitting room ... sad
HAHAHA now there's a sight for sore eyes
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:15 am
Dreamfish's workhorse

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Bring it on big boy... I have to say I would need to see his foot work before letting him loose on my back, dont want any old "dad's dance" on me
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dreamfish
Fortunately I couldn't see him (I could hear him) but if the kids hysterical laughter was anything to go by it was worth seeing. He's had a bit of a rave to Moby, now chilling to Pink Floyd ... the alcohol is obviously wearing off now, although he is singing loudly and playing the drums / breakfast bar - you may be able to hear him if you listen carefully.

His foot work leaves a lot to be desired
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:20 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

dribs, yoga, yoga and more yoga. I have some DVDs if you want/need to borrow any. Once you've done that for about a month, and done a shitload of walking, and you're still not right, then see a chiro. Might just need a swift adjustment, which you can get done in 3 visits if you're lucky.

Hubby put his back out in 2005 when we were in England. He'd had muscle spasms for a few years and after much nagging, I got him to a chiro in England. 3 visits in 3 days (first was the day of the bombings in London when we were supposed to be in town, so probably lucky there, eh? ) and some extremely strong painkillers from a very nice GP from Barbados the day of our flight back, and he's pretty much been right as rain ever since.

His quack of a doctor in the US always wanted him to go and have physical therapy. Sod.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to drop off the yoga DVDs.

Not working tomorrow then, eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.