Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

On the back of disgusting Roast Busters - Rape victim could have closed legs.

On the back of disgusting Roast Busters - Rape victim could have closed legs.

Old Nov 16th 2013, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: On the back of disgusting Roast Busters - Rape victim could have closed legs.

My job in the uk was to look into and identify situations just like 'roast busters' it's called Child Sexual Exploitation.
Unfortunately even in the uk there are lots of police forces, officers, social services and lawyers that see this type of behaviour as teenage behaviour, naughty child, and sometimes even boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Most of the children who are victims of CSE are frequent short term missing from home/school/foster or care homes. They are targeted by the males as they have a vulnerability
After working for 6yrs in this field we were finally getting people in the UK to realise that it was rape and recently had a successful prosecution.
I am currently trying to make contacts and use my skills here with NZ police, however I am not holding my breath. Missing children are not considered missing until 24hrs, too late, they are usually back home by then having been abused in that period.
But I will continue in my quest to find a job here where I can try to start to change opinions as I did in the UK

But I suppose my reply is that the mindset of the lawyer is still very much some peoples view in the UK I'm afraid
Old Nov 17th 2013, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On the back of disgusting Roast Busters - Rape victim could have closed legs.

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Also in the original post given the lack of context the lawyer may have been justified in his comments. His job is to represent his client and if that involves telling some uncomfortable truths or hurting a persons feelings it's part of his job.

You can't muzzle justice and still expect it to be the guard dog of an open, liberal and free society.
I don't see the use of the 'could have closed her legs comment' has to do with uncomfortable truthd. I also don't think that you have to leave the path of human decency if you are defending criminals. That's a personal choice of this particular lawyer.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

The other day, we forgot to get the usual piece of meat out of the freezer for our Sunday dinner. So, the Mrs decided we could just defrost some sausages and have those with all of the usual Sunday dinner - roast spuds, 'orkshire puddings, veggies and gravy etc.

Whilst it was all really good, I couldn't get the nagging idea out of my mind that someone might swoop down us and expose it - like, put photos up on the interweb and shame us.