Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Baby seals, just north of Kaikoura

Baby seals, just north of Kaikoura

Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:01 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Baby seals, just north of Kaikoura

Me and the missus have just been away for a long weekend to Kaikoura (which is looking stunning a the moment with snow on the ranges and beautiful sunny weather) when a couple of locals asked if we'd 'seen the seals yet?'. Well, we've seen the seals loads of times, but apparently this was something a bit 'different'.

No entry fee, no marshals or supervision - just nature, us, and 50+ baby seals saying hello!

Gotta love NZ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiMoxY0Nb1c

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vo0s8mG4Ok
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:34 am
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby seals, just north of Kaikoura

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Me and the missus have just been away for a long weekend to Kaikoura (which is looking stunning a the moment with snow on the ranges and beautiful sunny weather) when a couple of locals asked if we'd 'seen the seals yet?'. Well, we've seen the seals loads of times, but apparently this was something a bit 'different'.

No entry fee, no marshals or supervision - just nature, us, and 50+ baby seals saying hello!

Gotta love NZ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiMoxY0Nb1c

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vo0s8mG4Ok
Yea we saw these about the same time last year was fantastic. Tend to find I enjoy a lot of places far more in the winter cos the scenery can be so amazing.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 10:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I wanna see that !
Old Jul 12th 2010, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

That is so wonderful! When we went to Kaikoura in Aug 07, the seals and their pups were just lying atound in the car park and under the trees at the side of the road!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

What a wonderful set of videoclips thank you for sharing and brightening up my morning Kaikoura and around there is just so stunning - the wildlife there is amazing. I remember getting the train down and there were seals all over the place just hanging out in the sun snoozing - just fab!
Old Jul 13th 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

This is the place that Paul Henry told the world about on Breakfast and he had complaints from local people saying that the world and his wife now know about it and their quiet walks there are now filled with tourists! I must go there next time we pass that way