Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Baby Named 4 Real?

Baby Named 4 Real?

Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Leighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant futureLeighlou has a brilliant future
Default Baby Named 4 Real?

Hi Guys,
Watched with amazement on BBC World News that a couple in NZ had been refused the right to register their child with the name "4 Real". Just had to ask if anyone else has heard this and is it a 4 Real story and did they get their way in the end?
Poor kid.
Leighlou.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Baby Named 4 Real?

Yeah, my husband told me about this, I think he read it in the Herald. I dont know the outcome, hope they had to change it though! Poor kid
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Hi Guys,
Watched with amazement on BBC World News that a couple in NZ had been refused the right to register their child with the name "4 Real". Just had to ask if anyone else has heard this and is it a 4 Real story and did they get their way in the end?
Poor kid.
Leighlou.
oh yes its true and they want to have more children and call them 4 sure and 4 ??? there was another one but it escapes me just now

so sad for the child but do the parents not have any idea what sort of a name is that for a child
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:37 pm

SavBlancGal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Hi Guys,
Poor kid.
Leighlou.
Some people certainly have weird ideas when naming their kids. When I was in the maternity home (many years ago) a woman had twins and called them Benson and Hedges, and I was reading an article in a women's magazine referring to a little girl named V8. Talk about setting your child up for teasing/bullying!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:25 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading in the UK press about a couple who couldn't understand why their minister wouldn't christen their child with the name Pagan. They just couldn't see the contradiction between christening and the name Pagan
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
oh yes its true and they want to have more children and call them 4 sure and 4 ??? there was another one but it escapes me just now

so sad for the child but do the parents not have any idea what sort of a name is that for a child
Hope it wasn't 4 skin!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
Hope it wasn't 4 skin!!!!!!!!!!!
What about that poor baby that was named Andrew Peacock, and the parents shortened the first name to Drew!!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:16 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
What about that poor baby that was named Andrew Peacock, and the parents shortened the first name to Drew!!
I know a guy who had to take his wifes name:
his surname was sarah
his wife was sarah

The Kerrs really should not of named their son Wayne.

Don't call the funeral directors asking for Myra.......

Mains.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Reckon by the time they have 4 or 5 it'll be '4 ****'s sake'.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:56 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

I once looked after a couple who wanted to call their son "Boy", I asked them how they were planning to spell it, with or without a 'u'.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:01 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

I'm sorry but this one really annoyed the hell out of me. I saw the stupid couple being interviewed on TV about it. They were asked about the poor kid being picked on at school and they said he would get picked on anyway! Why would he get picked on anyway, not every child gets picked on. They have just now bloody guaranteed it! I wanted to bang their heads together, idiots!

Sorry, rant over but as you can tell it bugged me!