baby

Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of
Default baby

We Are having another baby and the other one is only 10 months old. How will we cope? I am over joyed but at the same time thinking oh **** its going to be chaos. 18 years together then two nippers so quickly. Hows that for a life change.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:24 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: baby

congratulations, i'm sure it'll all be fine.... you must have started quite late then?
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

lizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud oflizard has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by welshviking
congratulations, i'm sure it'll all be fine.... you must have started quite late then?
yes we have late 30s for her 41 for me, we have been living like teenagers for so long. time really to settle down.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a bonus having them that close, they can play together!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 4:23 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there...

Congratulations. When's the second due?

Have one of 16 months (girl) and one of 3 1/2 weeks (boy)..... just to let you know we're surviving

Been together 14 years (me 32 and him 35) and in our case strongly believe this has played a large part in our survival and adjustment to having two to cope with. Helps to really understand each other when the going gets tough...more likely to forgive the out of character outbursts (of which there have been a few).

Working on permanent residency and heading to Hamilton in May. Won't be that far from the BOP if you fancy swapping some support when we get there...or in the mean time!

See from your public profile that you like beer...definitely an area that hubby and myself could also provide support with!

Tan

Last edited by Tan0410; Dec 26th 2007 at 4:36 pm.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:43 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats! I'm sure you'll cope just fine.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

We have three children 4 and under don't get me wrong it is really hard work at times but I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!! and my two boys play really well together most of the time with being 22mths between them both thomas nuts trains trains and more trains!!!!! it will be a blast and if it's not your days will pass by so quick you wont have time to notice the ones that are'nt :-)
Old Dec 26th 2007, 8:59 pm
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I had 3 boys in 3 1/2 years. They are all very close and always had each other to play with. It was hard at the time but it does get easier and they do amuse each other. Congratulations and enjoy it, at least you have each other to help and support during a hard but enjoyable time..
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:11 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
I had 3 boys in 3 1/2 years. They are all very close and always had each other to play with. It was hard at the time but it does get easier and they do amuse each other. Congratulations and enjoy it, at least you have each other to help and support during a hard but enjoyable time..
Same here - 3 and a half years between my 3 sons - and we all lived to tell the tale. Hard work at times, never seemed to be free of nappies for about 5 years!! But definitely do-able. Enjoy!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:17 am
Banned

choccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nicechoccydog is just really nice

Congrats Lizard. You're not so different in age/kids to us if you see what I mean - I'm 44 with wife a few years younger and kids just 7, nearly 5, nearly 3. Sure takes it out of us 'older' parents!

Bit of a comparison to many previous generation parents, eg my own parents had 4 kids by the time my father was 25, mother 23. So about 20 years' difference in energy for kids' stuff!!!

I run out of energy & patience a lot sooner than I reckon I would have if I were 20 years younger but it's actually getting easier as the kids get older. Having them go full time to pre-school and primary school certainly marked a watershed of sorts.

Good luck to you both! I personally wouldn't have it any other way.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

wilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lizard
We Are having another baby and the other one is only 10 months old. How will we cope? I am over joyed but at the same time thinking oh **** its going to be chaos. 18 years together then two nippers so quickly. Hows that for a life change.

yes it IS going to be chaos, but so worth it. we just had our 2nd 9 months ago, our 1st was just 2 when she was born. can't tell you how tough the last 9 months have been! we really did have a pretty hedonistic lifestyle before - travelling, clubbing etc...pretty much did what we wanted, when we wanted it. but that worked in our favour I think 'cos when it came to having the kids, we weren't sitting there wishing we'd been able to do this, or that. we're late 30's now, and looking forward to a time in the not so distant future when we can all do the cool family stuff together...camping, going to amusement parks, swimming, playing games etc.

Having kids is one of those contradictory things...you can't really sell it to people, you either wanna do it, or you don't! when I say to my (childless) friends about the sleepless nights, the tantrums and days you feel you've just spent it ALL arguing with a toddler, the lack of money, they say stuff like 'you aren't selling it to me!' and its impossible to explain how something can be so completely draining but so fulfilling at the same time hang in for the next 2-3 years, and you'll make it ok

and congratulations!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:57 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

guys this thread has really helped me chill out about the whole baby thing, we're leaving for oz in about 3 months, i'll be 29 then, then we want to get a business and settle before going mad about babies, but...we'd like to have at least a few which means we can't really hang around that much as you never know what probelms you may face....

But listening to all you older parents has made me realise that it's not so bad after all....is it...
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:24 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Hi lizard,
firstly congratulations, how exciting, a new baby, my two (now 14 and 15,) are only 15mths apart, they have grown up together and can't remember being without each other, they are very close. It was hard i suppose, i had very heavy double buggy, but the new ones are much easier, but as with everything, you just do it, you'll be fine.
Wherabouts in BOP are you, I'm in Papamoa, and adore children, so would love to meet up if poss, and help out if ever you needed anything.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you Lizard!! What great news!

We are yet more older parents here... I turned 40 in October , and OH isnt too far behind me. DS is 4 and my DD is going to be 1 in January. Its hard work but as others have said, so worth it. I agree the time goes soooooooo quickly, this year has just flown! OH would have more but I have drawn the line I'm afraid.

I'm sure that you will cope just fine! You have many exciting times in front of you!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

wilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the roughwilekit is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by welshviking
guys this thread has really helped me chill out about the whole baby thing, we're leaving for oz in about 3 months, i'll be 29 then, then we want to get a business and settle before going mad about babies, but...we'd like to have at least a few which means we can't really hang around that much as you never know what probelms you may face....

But listening to all you older parents has made me realise that it's not so bad after all....is it...
oh yeah, you'll be fine! you're young, got plenty of time ahead of you yet we didn't begin to think seriously about having kids until I was 34, and the OH was 33. To be honest, THEY'RE a big part of why we've taken the decision to move to NZ. As my OH said, just 'cos you have kids, doesn't mean you're ready to stop having adventures.

Its good to see a lot of people talking positively about bieng older parents. It takes so much out of you, the time, the energy, the patience. But its without doubt the most wonderful thing thats ever happened to me, in spite of the wreck its made of our bodies, minds and bank accounts .

Like I said, you SO can't sell it to people But I love my kids so much its scary...never really had so much to lose before

God, now I'm getting all emotional

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.