B52's Auckland.

Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:06 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool B52's Auckland.

Just wondered if any other old gits were going to the B52's concerts anywhere around the country?

Have managed to persuade a friend who knows 1 of their songs to come with me to the Auckland concert in December. Assuming we've had our hip replacement op's after seeing Britney in Melbourne in November!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B52's Auckland.

No, but the wife and I did go to see Simon & Garfunkel recently - fantastic! I especially liked the Paul Simon solo tracks from Graceland. Didn't think much of Garfunkel's solo efforts though
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:41 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

we're going to the Auckland one - but more to see the proclaimers!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
we're going to the Auckland one - but more to see the proclaimers!
I'll be in the bar when they're on! Hoping to go to the Auckland one too - maybe see you there!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:40 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

in the bar!!! no way!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
in the bar!!! no way!
I'm going for the 13th December in the "Gold" seating ... what do they mean you can't take your own Bolly?!

Am off to friends tomorrow night with portable record player and B52's LP to "educate" her ...
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:24 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

The B52s - what's that on your head???

BTW, Are they dead yet? They were all pretty ancient in the 90s?

Seriously though I love them.....

Thought about this but I was going to splash out on the Specials instead......until me mate who was up for it has already got tickets for another gig that night - not going on me own.......

Talk of the B52s remindS me of the "O.U. Disco" events, AKA the last chance saloon for sad (or at least "Off the leash" for a week) mature students who had tutorial weeks in the colleges over the summer vacations - it was their final night of freedom and some were there to make the most of it /nudge nudge/ Even saw a couple of the classic "medalion man" outfits that were, erm, for real.....yeah.....hairy chests and all......

Those of us even sadder graduate students went up there each week and each week we asked for Rock Lobster only to be rewarded with Love Shack......I swear the DJ just brought the same CD each week and put it on in a random order, apart from the Irish Rover which was always last....

Then it was off to the local club for indie night and a mouthfull of a goth chicks hair, spun liberally into the face whilst stepping back and forth to the Poppies, or Mudhoney......gotta that goth chick "twirl".....

- ah happy days......

Enjoy it you all and don't forget to call the number - although it might be disconnected...LOL

Last edited by lardyl; Jun 23rd 2009 at 10:28 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:54 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thought about this but I was going to splash out on the Specials instead......until me mate who was up for it has already got tickets for another gig that night - not going on me own.......
Why not go on your own? I've gone to many gigs on my own-usually because I haven't known anyone who's into the same music as me Besides even if I went with friends, I would usually end up in the mosh pit by myself so I may as well have been alone
Gigs are easy by yourself as it's not obvious that you have no mates with you [unless you're seated and I never used to bother with them]

Got hit in the head by a stage diver watching the Pixies once [on my own!], had a bad neck for weeks, the boss thought I'D been stage diving
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:09 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Φερέπαφα
Why not go on your own? ......Got hit in the head by a stage diver watching the Pixies once [on my own!], had a bad neck for weeks, the boss thought I'D been stage diving
mmm.......might well do, go for general admission, done that with a few bands similar to the Pixies......but not on my own, make sure I have good footwear and I'm over all the sporting injuries first......

Last edited by lardyl; Jun 23rd 2009 at 12:06 pm. Reason: all greek to me.....LOL
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:56 pm
A land far far away

Lardyl are you in Auckland - you are aren't you?
Well we'll be there, so you won't be alone!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

When are the Specials on in Auckland?
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:55 pm
you dewty owld maan!

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/The-Sp...artist/1329259

1 August
Logan Campbell Centre
07:30 PM

but hurry there are no general admission tickets showing and bugger all seats left.........
looks like I am not going
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Just wondered if any other old gits were going to the B52's concerts anywhere around the country?

Have managed to persuade a friend who knows 1 of their songs to come with me to the Auckland concert in December. Assuming we've had our hip replacement op's after seeing Britney in Melbourne in November!
Going to the Welly gig to see the Proclaimers, B52's should be a quick gig, I mean how many times can they sing Love Shack, really???
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl

LOL
I am going to ............the Specials

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 23rd 2009 at 11:43 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
When are the Specials on in Auckland?
1st August

http://www.eventfinder.co.nz/2009/au...l/the-specials

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 24th 2009 at 12:43 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.