B & I Lions

Old Jul 2nd 2017, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B & I Lions

Originally Posted by BEVS
Lions. Lions. Lions.

Well done Lions. A deserved win.

Let's all hope for a great game for the final test.

I am sure you will forgive me if I am shocked!!.

'Lions tour: Flanker Sean O'Brien cited for swinging arm on Waisake Naholo

British and Irish Lions flanker Sean O'Brien's swinging arm that forced All Black Waisake Naholo off the field met "red card threshold", the citing commissioner says.'
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

A bloke down the pub said the ABs threw it because the Lions kept threatening not to come back if it was a too one-sided affair......and he should know because he used to go to school with Steve Hanson's cousin.....
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 3:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Woodlea
A bloke down the pub said the ABs threw it because the Lions kept threatening not to come back if it was a too one-sided affair......and he should know because he used to go to school with Steve Hanson's cousin.....
HaHa

MrBEVS heard in convo that Sonny Bill threw the game for the promoters to make the last test of huge interest & the biggest game since the rugby world cup.

Anyway. One test to go. Let's all hope for a great game.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Rocknrolla is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who know the All Blacks past records know for the Lions to beat them for the second time in succession will be almost an impossible task. The next game the AB's will come onto the field with some team changes and all guns blazing!!! There may have been some complacency in the All Black camp this week but having a loss should be a valuable lesson..To win they must play the game their way as they have done successfully in the past and not get sucked into infringements as they did on Saturday.
Old Jul 2nd 2017, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Well despite the result, that was the worst game of the 3 I've watched on my rugby trip to the North Island. The first test and the Hurricanes match were far better. Think it didn't help that the weather was awful, and the referee seemed to treat his whistle as a new Christmas present.

It was as if the Lions didn't want to win the 2nd test after SBWs moment of madness. The amount of silly penalties they were giving away. Vunipola played like he wanted to be elsewhere. If BB bought his kicking boots, the All Blacks would have won the match. The Lions would have lost the game from their own doing.

I thought Itoje was magnificent for the Lions as expected. That player has got such a fantastic future ahead of him. Jamie George played very well also. I was disappointed with Kruis, he was outstanding against the Crusaders but didn't turn up in the first test.

I must give a reluctant praise to Warren. I was concerned when I heard Ben Te'o wasn't playing. However the game got won in the end.

Finally Sam Cane, best player in both games so far. Really does the un-noticed dirty work well. Leading the contenders for man of the test series so far.
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/94307051/lions-tour-referee-review--how-did-jerome-garces-go-with-those-big-calls-in-second-test

Wow!!!!!!

Never ever did I think I'd see this day

NZ media praising the referee after an All Blacks defeat. Even more so, no mention of climate, ground being x metres above sea level or dodgy English cuisine.

Well done! See, it's easy being gracious in defeat. Even if the taste of defeat is rarer than the price of cucumbers being under $1

Not surprising, 279 world class armchair referees have a different point of view.

Last edited by Tom H; Jul 3rd 2017 at 9:19 am.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 10:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Lions.

The team and the fans have made us proud.

Thank you.
Old Jul 8th 2017, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

What mixed emotions

Delighted to have shared the spoils but also, disappointed not to have won that game. Rarely do you see All Blacks make so many errors like tonight. They were there for the taking.

Oh well, bring on 12 years of moaning and dummy spitting about "accidental offside" and Steve Walsh's refereeing school in France.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Intruiging game. Not great - way too many errors, but a real nail-biter.
NZ had more than enough chances to win it, but somehow the Lions hung on.
I'll contribute to the refereeing debate by just saying I thought there were multiple clear errors all night (against both sides).
Result fair? Over the 3 tests, yes.
And I had a bet on the draw. I know.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Rocknrolla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bearskin
Intruiging game. Not great - way too many errors, but a real nail-biter.
NZ had more than enough chances to win it, but somehow the Lions hung on.
I'll contribute to the refereeing debate by just saying I thought there were multiple clear errors all night (against both sides).
Result fair? Over the 3 tests, yes.
And I had a bet on the draw. I know.
Too many rules these days! The Ref's even have a problem keeping up the the continuous rule changes. The game is nothing like it was in my day, (showing my age) and many players today aren't up to playing the full eighty minutes.
The Lions deserved the draw. Don't miss the game too much but I guess I will tune in again when the world cup rolls around in a couple of years.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing result for me, but a fair summation of the series? Yes I think so. The inexperience in our backs was the difference, they were good enough, but too young to take the pressure, too many silly mistakes. Bodes well for Japan though.
Back to decent rugby on Saturday with the Canes v Crusaders!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

What a great tour this was! Such a good atmosphere in the city on Saturday night. Pity we have to wait 12 years for the rematch.