Reload this Page >

Awaiting container

Awaiting container

Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:31 pm
Banned

gedsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Awaiting container

Hi
Moving to new Zealand mid November but our container will not arrive till December has anyone hired furniture in nz whilst awaiting there furniture to be shipped over. Would like some ideas on who to contact and what is value for money thanks!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Awaiting container

There is a company called Mr. Rental who will rent furniture, white goods, electrical items etc either individually or as a bundle. You could look them up on the internet. There's a poster on this site called Mrs Pointer who practically rented a houseload of furniture ! I am currently renting a washing machine from Mr Rental. Explain that you renting whilst waiting for your container to arrive. You could Google the question renting furniture in...(name your NZ city)

Last edited by Debbie2NZ; Aug 19th 2011 at 12:31 am.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

maisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nicemaisiep is just really nice

We ended up waiting a lot longer than originally told for our container to arrive - 4 months in the end. To tide us over we got a couple of bits from Mr Rental. But we were also able to get some things from our landlord, who was quite understanding. Are you staying in a rental when you first arrive? If so, then perhaps try to go for somewhere that has some minimal furnishing at least? Or see if you can get the landlord to lend you some bits and pieces?
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maisiep
We ended up waiting a lot longer than originally told for our container to arrive - 4 months in the end. To tide us over we got a couple of bits from Mr Rental. But we were also able to get some things from our landlord, who was quite understanding. Are you staying in a rental when you first arrive? If so, then perhaps try to go for somewhere that has some minimal furnishing at least? Or see if you can get the landlord to lend you some bits and pieces?
Why didn't I think to ask that question about renting stuff!! Our container has only just arrived along with all the rubbish I packed. Luckly for us the rented house had a fridge, washing machine, dryer and dishwasher. so we have just been camping on matresses and sleeping bags. Not so bad but nice to have a couch to sit on at last.
Was not a problem to rent with the dog, I just rambled on about how good she was, not allowed in bedrooms ect (GUESS where she is right now, tucked up with teenager on bed watching a movie).
Just remember to pack use things like travel iron, towels, t-towels, chopping board, utensils to eat and cook with. I know it may sound a bit mad, but you will know what I mean when you are looking at all the creased clothes (forgot the iron) that I did not wear or need and the bill for things I did need but sent in packing (ie towels, plates ect).
Also look at the weather, it is still winter in NZ. So why I needed in luggage. bags, two sundresses, summer skirts and a sun-hat I have no idea. I must of looking really stupid the other day on the beach in a sun hat but I needed something to keep the snow off my face.
Kaz
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:15 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Another one here who would highly recommend Mr Rental, I have a few bits and bobs from them. They are spot on and the stuff we have is not clean, tidy and in great working order.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

There is a shop called The Warehouse in New Zealand. It's like the stock room at Argos but with prices on the shelves. Briscoes is similar to Robert Dyas. Be prepared for how expensive things are to buy in NZ.