Avoid Emirates

Old Jun 26th 2006, 5:23 am

taffinkent will become famous soon enough
Default Avoid Emirates

We emigrated to NZ in Feb 2006. We flew Emirates from London Gatwick via Dubai and Sydney and landed in Christchurch.
After take off Debs discovered the seat of her pants were soaking wet. On further investigation it was discovered that the seat was wet with someone else`s urine !!!( from the previous flight I suppose) There were no empty seats so staff arranged for her to sit on blankets for the 6 hour flight to Dubai. Futile gestures of wine, playing cards and cheese were offered as compensation!!On arrival at Dubai the purser did not even want to speak to us. We were in Dubai for over an hour and no arrangements were made for her to shower or help with obtaining fresh underwear. Luckily she had a pair of jeans in her hand luggage. She ended up having to buy Mens`s underwear in Dubai airport to wear.
When boarding the plane to Christchurch the staff had no idea of what had happened. No one had done a thing which suprised me as Dubai is meant to be the HQ of Emirates. As far as Emirates were concerned "oh dear " !!
As soon as we arrrived in NZ we drafted a letter to Emirates to complain. After 3 replies from 3 different members of staff I am so angry and upset about their TOTAL LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. They basically have told us it was OUR FAULT that we did not enquire at Dubai for help!! To be fair they have offered Debs an upgrade on her next (??) Emirates flight within the next year but as we have told them 4 times we have just emigrated and therefore are not planning ( or can afford ) an international flight. Please dont think this is just about compensation but Emirates ,who pride themselves on their Customer Service ,are just a bunch of hypocrites who can do nothing but pass the buck. It has taken 5 MONTHS for them to tell us ITS NOT THIER FAULT !!
Am I wrong ???

Taff ( not very happy !!! )
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:23 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avoid Emirates

Taff,

Speak to CASA, their blurb is as follows...

Customer Affairs & Service Audit (CASA) consists of three specific sections, Customer Relations (Arab Community), Customer Relations (Worldwide) and Service Audit. CASA’s main objective is to win back customer loyalty from customers who have experienced customer dissatisfaction with our products and services throughout the Emirates/DNATA Group. By effective service recovery CASA can regain customer loyalty and dissuade customers utilizing competitor products.

CASA operates normal business hours:

0700-1530 hrs Saturday - Tuesday and
0700-1500 hrs Wednesday.

You can contact us by: Phone : +971 4 203 3611
Fax : +971 4 295 5162
Mail : P.O. Box 686, Dubai, UAE

They also have a branch in Aus

Handles complaints, compliments, baggage claims and miscellaneous.

Level 9
257 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Tel (61) 3 96670068
Fax (61) 3 96670086
Failing that e-mail Patrick Brannelly he's Vice President: Passenger Communications & Visual Services

Good luck
Old Jun 26th 2006, 7:48 am

taffinkent will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that,

I will be pursuing this matter to the full.

Taff
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

westies is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the roughwesties is a jewel in the rough

Really sorry for you, must have been awful, must say we flew with Emirates and found them absolutely fantastic, by far the best airline we have ever used, and we have used a few, hope you get it sorted out!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

Joanna1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You should forget complaining to the airline - they've clearly shown that their customer service is crap. if I were you, I'd try and get the media interested in your story....
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:24 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joanna1
You should forget complaining to the airline - they've clearly shown that their customer service is crap. if I were you, I'd try and get the media interested in your story....
Yeah sounds like the CS were really taking the piss [pun intended].

Why not contact all the other leading airlines - perhaps someone could think up a decent add to "take the piss".

imagine the queue going through customs - all those flying Emirates join this queue. Whats the queue for you ask - its for your customised sanitary towel free with every seat.

Try the english papers as well - not that I read ones like the Sun but bet they would have a field day.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:41 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Joanna1
Newspapers in the UK love this kind of story - toilet humour etc.
Try News of the World or The Sun etc... www.aubi06.dsl.pipex.com
OT: Emirates are to sponsor Arsenal FC next season
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by asiatic
Newspapers in the UK love this kind of story - toilet humour etc.
Try News of the World or The Sun etc... www.aubi06.dsl.pipex.com
OT: Emirates are to sponsor Arsenal FC next season

Quite agree with you about emirates. My little one was very sick all the way from Dubai to Oz last year. We seemed to become invisible to all the crew - no one came to us - we always had to go to them and physically get bags, blankets etc and vice versa. They were great at taking kids photos etc .Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect them to do it for me, but a bit of help wouldn't have gone amiss. I always judge an air company the way they treat children - emirates gets nought of ten - could do much much better!!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:17 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick11
I always judge an air company the way they treat children - emirates gets nought of ten - could do much much better!!!!!
This is very important to us too! We were very disappointed with BA when we flew to NZ at Xmas with our 4 and 5 year olds, in complete contrast to Quantus who had spoken to both the girls within minutes of us boarding the plane. This was after c. 21 hours flying with BA, who just appeared to approach everything as a chore and let us know it! And we had compliments for the behaviour of our girls on every sector (not from crew obviously), so it wasn't as if they were badly behaved or noisy as children can be.

After flying hundreds of thousands of miles with BA in the Junior Jet Club and again in my working life as an executive club member, they are not an airline of choice for us as a family flying long haul. I feel really sad in saying this as I'm sure I'm not imagining how good the cabin crew used to be. Within Europe we use them as I don't expect much, but smiles and happy crew are the start of a good holiday in my opinion. In fact I just thought what a shame it was for the children as they were so excited to be going on a big plane so far away to visit Grandma for Christmas and we couldn't have asked for better behaviour either. Their loss!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:30 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Taff

Did you get my PM

Cheers mate

K9
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex Katikati, Omokoroa now Mildenhall UK :-(, 12 days and counting till we are back in NZ!!
tease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nicetease is just really nice

We flew Singapore over Christmas and they were superb. After 10 hours in the air on the way to Singapore form Heathrow, our youngest was very sick and the stewardess' were really helpful and accomodating

We are emigrating in October this year and i wouldn't consider another airline

they are also the cheapest :-)

tease