Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Avatars!!!!!!!!!

Having just spent the best part of two hours trying to resize one of my own photo's and then surfing looking for downloadable avatars, I finally found one which should give you all a clue as to where we live.

I must point out, that we're not fans of football, but I was ready to give up on the whole idea of having an avatar.

Where do you find yours?
Can you re-size your own photos to fit?

should be grouting the bathroom not looking for avatars.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:41 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Avatars!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by planty
Having just spent the best part of two hours trying to resize one of my own photo's and then surfing looking for downloadable avatars, I finally found one which should give you all a clue as to where we live.

I must point out, that we're not fans of football, but I was ready to give up on the whole idea of having an avatar.

Where do you find yours?
Can you re-size your own photos to fit?

should be grouting the bathroom not looking for avatars.
OK quick guide:
If you have a digital photo in your computer (or download one from the net) right click on it and chose 'open with' paint.
Then use the stretch / skew feature to recuce the size until it's less than 65x65 pixels. Save as jpeg file and then use in the change avatar feature in expats.

Here's a nice piccy of a boat that I've just got from the web.:

If you still can't do it then let me know what you want and I'll sort it - for a small fee of Karma!
Attached Images  
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:50 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy
OK quick guide:
If you have a digital photo in your computer (or download one from the net) right click on it and chose 'open with' paint.
Then use the stretch / skew feature to recuce the size until it's less than 65x65 pixels. Save as jpeg file and then use in the change avatar feature in expats.

If you still can't do it then let me know what you want and I'll sort it - for a small fee of Karma!
Here's a couple of others
Attached Images   
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:00 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Ooh - whilst you're on a roll - how do I insert an image?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:27 pm
Give us a kiss

Originally Posted by bookemjano
If it's on your computer then in the reply post mode look down the page to the button that says manage attachments. click on that, find the attmnt and hit upload. It wont handle anything particularly big so you'll have to resize.
If it's from the internet then hit the yellow button with a mountain on and paste in the url of the picture.
Like this:
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

OK quick guide:

Cheers for that Biddy, I'll try having a go at that tonight when the kids have gone to bed. All new to me this avatars, maybe a few will help.

If I new how the karma worked I'd send some. (don't even know what it is) I've seen the button for it.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK quick guide:

I worked out the Karma, some on its way
thanks again
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bookemjano
sent you some Karma as well Jan, for your help and Emails for the last week.

What does Karma do exactly?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:38 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

sent you some Karma as well Jan, for your help and Emails for the last week.

What does Karma do exactly?
You're a sweetie. I've no idea what Karma actually does, but it's very nice getting it.

Off to the pub, it's sooooo hot. I can see I'm going to regret it tomorrow, but what the hell.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

That is brilliant , just shrank my picture with paint, couldn't find how to tell if it was 65x65 pixels or less, but got it way under the 32kb allowed.

that'll be very useful

Does anybody know if your allowed to print off your own passport sized photo's for medicals and to send with ita?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 7:48 pm
Kiwi livin' and lovin' it

Location: Was England. Then Germany.Tried Spain. NZ now and NOT moving!
the turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant futurethe turner family has a brilliant future

Does anybody know if your allowed to print off your own passport sized photo's for medicals and to send with ita?[/QUOTE]

We reckon that unless you have a photo shop quality printer and photo paper, then I would get the booth ones done. Best to avoid any possible things that could cause queries.

Regards,

Andrea
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:05 am
Give us a kiss

That is brilliant , just shrank my picture with paint, couldn't find how to tell if it was 65x65 pixels or less, but got it way under the 32kb allowed.

that'll be very useful

Does anybody know if your allowed to print off your own passport sized photo's for medicals and to send with ita?
If you click on attributes - it will tell you the dimensions of the picture.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 9:32 am
Just Joined

terrybr is on a distinguished road

One of those thumbnails looks suspiciously like one of the castles off portsmouth, about 150 sea miles from plymouth!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

I.
I thought it meant you lived in the Blue Peter television studio

Gill