Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Autohub car Shipping UK to NZ

Autohub car Shipping UK to NZ

Old May 24th 2015, 4:41 am
Just Joined

nzbone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Autohub car Shipping UK to NZ

Posting here as my last thread was closed???

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z.../#post11388604

Anyway as a followup and to close the loop.

Autohub were wonderful and I would happily use them again. My only criticism is that you didn't have one point of contact and was dealing with multiple people but they all seem to know what was going on etc so this wasn't a problem.

The price was amazing, much cheaper than any of the other moving companies or other car shipping companies (Karman etc). You get a shared container. And they deliver to the vehicle testing place of our choice.

It was a seamless and smooth process. Insurance was included too but thankfully didn't need to claim,

Will use them again in the future no doubt. I think my next car purchase will be a Euro UK vehicle (if the NZD stops dropping!).
Old May 24th 2015, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

McLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really nice
Default Re: Autohub car Shipping UK to NZ

Originally Posted by nzbone
Posting here as my last thread was closed???

http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z.../#post11388604

Anyway as a followup and to close the loop.

Autohub were wonderful and I would happily use them again. My only criticism is that you didn't have one point of contact and was dealing with multiple people but they all seem to know what was going on etc so this wasn't a problem.

The price was amazing, much cheaper than any of the other moving companies or other car shipping companies (Karman etc). You get a shared container. And they deliver to the vehicle testing place of our choice.

It was a seamless and smooth process. Insurance was included too but thankfully didn't need to claim,

Will use them again in the future no doubt. I think my next car purchase will be a Euro UK vehicle (if the NZD stops dropping!).
How much did it cost? And to put the car on the road / customs at the NZ end?
Old May 24th 2015, 11:21 am
Just Joined

3.5k nzd shipping which includes insurance and transport in NZ plus all landing fees etc. importantly as they are big they can to the quarantine check and the major structural check in the UK. AFAIK no on else can do that. I think they partner with JEVIC.

Then it was about$1100 to get the car complied and registered for a year with a warrant of fitness (NZ equivalent of MOT).

Wish I brought a nicer car over!
Old May 24th 2015, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

McLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really nice

3.5k nzd shipping which includes insurance and transport in NZ plus all landing fees etc. importantly as they are big they can to the quarantine check and the major structural check in the UK. AFAIK no on else can do that. I think they partner with JEVIC.

Then it was about$1100 to get the car complied and registered for a year with a warrant of fitness (NZ equivalent of MOT).

Wish I brought a nicer car over!
So about £2500 total?

Not bad, I'm considering it. If I had to drive an automatic then it would have to be a top gear esque car!

Thanks for the info.
Old May 24th 2015, 7:10 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

so nzbone where abouts are you and where did you ship to?
Old May 25th 2015, 2:18 am
Just Joined

Felixstowe to Auckland. I am based in Auckland and drove the car from Oxford to Felixstowe.

I think autohub ship to tauranga and maybe Chch too
Old May 25th 2015, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Felixstowe to Auckland. I am based in Auckland and drove the car from Oxford to Felixstowe.

I think autohub ship to tauranga and maybe Chch too
Thats even better news, as im hoping to be in Tauranga, though right now id go with anything just to make the blumin move.
Old May 29th 2015, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Bromley86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the pm nzbone - can't reply as there seem to be limits now on pms for low-posters.

We're in the middle of the same process. Everyone over at Autohub seems very switched on and concerned that everything is working to plan. We had it picked up by a driver booked by them at £0.55/mile +petrol +tolls.

This Beck Evans page summarises it more neatly than the Autohub page. The cost is NZD 3,400.

Anyone know if it's possible to use pre-purchased plates from the NZ personalised number plate website at the time of first registration?
Old May 30th 2015, 12:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bromley86
Thanks for the pm nzbone - can't reply as there seem to be limits now on pms for low-posters.
Just FYI, that's always been the case (or at least it has in the past 7 or 8 years anyway), it's an anti-spam measure.

HTH.
Old May 30th 2015, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Bromley86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Christmasoompa. I think what happened was I fell foul of a rule on posting to up one's postcount in order to access the pm system, my messages were deleted and his thread locked. Sorry about that nzbone!

(Including a message from 5 years ago, unless I was misbehaving back then as well ).