Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Australian branch slagging NZ

Australian branch slagging NZ

Old Jul 14th 2007, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian branch slagging NZ

Originally Posted by danny.f
We can't afford to run two fridges that big.
We couldn't thats why we moved

I have found I do get on better with Aussies and I think its all down to them being from working class descent.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:47 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

at the fridge; the shelves are straining under the weight of all that beer
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:05 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon

I have found I do get on better with Aussies and I think its all down to them being from working class descent.
I found it easier to get on with ozzies. Ozzies have that : 'We'll give you a go' philosophy, which I admire.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
I found it easier to get on with ozzies. Ozzies have that : 'We'll give you a go' philosophy, which I admire.
This is really interesting
When I was in NZ I met some really really lovely friendly people but noticed there seemed a few who definately seemed to have an odd attitude, like they had a chip about something & got stroppy over nothing, twas odd. Maybe it was me but I'm sure I was the same with everyone. It felt like it was either one or the other & was definately as I was a pom with the people who were funny with me.
I found Kiwi men alot easier to get on with that ozzie blokes though, no comparison there...all gross generalizing I know but was my experience

So dont kiwis give you a go then?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah right the Kiwis are such upper crust snobs!!
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:31 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
So dont kiwis give you a go then?
Next time you come here ask your taxi driver.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
Next time you come here ask your taxi driver.
He'll probably be Korean and not understand the question or the way to your destination
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
He'll probably be Korean and not understand the question or the way to your destination
They're clones of Sydney ones then
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

They seem to be the same the world over - happy but useless! (OK a bit of a generalization - apologies to the grumpy, useful ones!)
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:52 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

NZ is 'more' prone to skin cancer due to having the worlds thinnest ozone layer above it
I think if you do some research you will find that that comment is outdated. Highest rates for skin cancers in the STH Hemisphere are found in Queensland and Western Australia.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 3:53 am
Banned

I've met some great guys getting a ride home from the pub : Doctors, Scientists, Engineers, Architects! All driving cabs.

tis a shame these people can't get into the job market for what they were trained to do.

Maybe they should join the cops...they'll take just about anyone as long as they're breathing....
Old Jul 14th 2007, 4:30 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Most of it's not scrapping. Its good ole British UK humour.

The Ozzies and the Kiwis are always taking a punt at each other. They can't seem to leave it alone.

I believe that it is. You gave NZ 3 years & it simply didn't suit you. Can't say fairer than that.

Not the ole my beer fridge is bigger than your beer fridge
There are other kinds of fridge?
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Yeah right the Kiwis are such upper crust snobs!!
Not at all, but historically the 2nd born of the manner was sent to NZ to stake out the families claim.

Anyway, Sharons great, great Grandfarther was an NZ hero and classed as one of the people that made NZ what it is today.

Still rather be here.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

When I was in NZ I met some really really lovely friendly people but noticed there seemed a few who definately seemed to have an odd attitude, like they had a chip
Don't you mean chup
Old Jul 14th 2007, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

I think the weather here gets people down a bit. Think I'd prefer Aussies if I knew any!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.