Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Australia - Water water everywhere

Australia - Water water everywhere

Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:54 am
Banned

Maryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really nice
Default Australia - Water water everywhere

and still most of the country is in drought....

If they are not under massive water restrictions, they are being lashed by storms.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6736687.stm
Old Jan 6th 2008, 11:55 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - Water water everywhere

Originally Posted by Maryanne_Tga
and still most of the country is in drought....

If they are not under massive water restrictions, they are being lashed by storms.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6736687.stm
your point being?????????????
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:02 pm
Banned

Maryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really niceMaryanne_Tga is just really nice

Are you just following all my posts trying to make snide comments?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Australia - Water water everywhere

Level 5 restrictions in SE Queensland (what whatever that means), I think you can't use a hose to clean the car but you can use a hose to water the garden on certain days of the week in a month with the letter 'r' or some such thing.

Only allowed to flush the dunnie once a week, if it's brown flush it down if it's yellow, let it mellow.............same advert keeps playing over and over on the tele (*)

The odd thing is that our local council/water board set an initial target of 150 litres per person per day, decreasing to 130 litres pppd and as that target has been reached the council are now losing domestic water revenue so...............................the rates are to go up more!!!

Good here ain't it?!?!?!?!

(*) I fibbed.............no such advert!!!!

Last edited by Nice Guy; Jan 6th 2008 at 12:22 pm. Reason: Another spilling mistake
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:04 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Why not go ask these guys what is going on?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503861
and
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503150
and:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...408205&page=25
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:05 pm
Banned

Only allowed to flush the dunnie once a week, if it's brown flush it down if it's yellow, let it mellow.............keeps playing over and over on the tele (*)
You should work in advertising!

Last edited by Maryanne_Tga; Jan 6th 2008 at 12:06 pm. Reason: Put quote in
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:09 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Are you just following all my posts trying to make snide comments?
no wondering why this is not in the Austalia forum? and what the point of it is? Is the thread just a "snide" response to someone else's sig?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:12 pm
Banned

As everyone is saying in another thread, if you dont like it dont read it!

It has nothing to do with a signatures, and I am find ing your attempts at trying to start an argument a bit childish. As this thread doesnt interest you, I hope you dont post in it again.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:20 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Maryanne, there used to be a poster on here called Baron Silas Greeneyed, or was it Greenback? ..... no matter.

The two of you would've got on very well together.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:29 pm
Banned

You and lardyl seem determined to follow me about on this forum making strange comments.

Although it says far more about you than it does me.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:35 pm
you dewty owld maan!

You and lardyl seem determined to follow me about on this forum making strange comments.

Although it says far more about you than it does me.
I sincerely believe that what you say says enough for me.

PS sorry to stray OT, we wouldn't want the thread to become all about you now would we?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 12:43 pm
Banned

I started a thread about storms in Australia, there was no agenda, It isnt even controversial. But you and Nerine cant help but try and pick some silly squabble about it.

You said the thread was of no interest to you yet you continue to post in it, but mainly about me.

You seem be more determined to turn this thread into an argument.

You both could have just ignored it, and let the thread fade away if you truely found it so objectionable.

So why dont we just stick on topic or not bother replying?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:06 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bizarre post though because the article is from June when Newcastle had big storms. Just worried my mum who is staying here in NZ with me but from Newcastle, until we saw the date!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:17 pm
Banned

It's a bizarre post though because the article is from June when Newcastle had big storms. Just worried my mum who is staying here in NZ with me but from Newcastle, until we saw the date!
Oh sorry about that!

I saw the current storms on CNN news and did a search for more info as I found it interesting and thought a link would be more useful, I got confused between storms as well. Sorry to cause you a scare..

Last edited by BEVS; Jan 7th 2008 at 9:27 am. Reason: Previously banned member
Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Nerine, black pot kettle the and calling spring to mind!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.