Australia to NZ

Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:33 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Australia to NZ

Hello again everyone.
I'd just like to add that my advice if you come from Aus to try it here is make sure you have your Aussie citizenship first. You will be able to come and go as you please on your Aussie passport and there are no visa issues. Also if it doesn't work out here you can go back without losing out because it's a long wait here for citizenship.

A lot of things here I learned about in Oz i.e. lack of choice in shops (worse here but okay all the same) .

The work thing... I fell on my feet but if you're of any influence at work, in a highish position for example, the way of thinking at the top seems to be different. Instead of dealing with problems they'd sit on them or navel gaze whereas in Oz - still got the problem but somehow deal with it in a grown up fashion! But, outside of work A1.

That's general though but definitely why my OH will not work in NZ again. he'd rather keep doing what he's doing than work here again. He's a confident person but it really got to him in the end to the point where I said 'Go West Young(ish) man' and the rest is history.

I have friends who moved over here a yaer before us. They LOVE it would never ever choose to go back to Australia. They're very pro UK and there are just much more things here that we as UK peeps are used to. I think Kiwis are more reserved and Aussies are in ya face and tell you s traight up what they reckon. Now I'm used to that It's okay (work with some aussies - blunt!) but I'm a poofy southerner ha ha.

Good luck whatever you do .
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:02 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
All managers should be sent to work in Britain or America for at least a year as part of their training. At the moment in NZ there is the Way the Rest of the World Does it v. The Kiwi Way.
Yeah, and after 12 years working in the US, I never ever ever ever ever want to come across a US-trained manager again in my entire life thankyouverybleedinmuch!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:11 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm.....from one extreme to the other hey?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:22 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

The best manager I ever had was an American, and the worst was an Englishman! Can you really generalise?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:51 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

I just found this comment left on another forum and it made me laugh out loud:

I am sick and tired of whiners who complain about life in New Zealand. If life for them is such a trial in New Zealand, they should move across the Tasman where they can enjoy snakes, weak worker rights and a half-baked government healthcare system. As one of our finest Prime Ministers Sir Robert Muldoon once said regarding New Zealanders moving to Australia, "they raise the IQ of both countries".
PRICELESS!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:00 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

All kiwis seem to find solace in that one.