Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Aus Big4 Holiday parks NZ equivalent?

Aus Big4 Holiday parks NZ equivalent?

Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Aus Big4 Holiday parks NZ equivalent?

In Australia there is a big chain of holiday parks with a range of accomodation from chalets, caravans, camping etc (very reasonable prices compared to hotels). Is there a similar thing in NZ particularly Dunedin area. We need cheap affordable accomodation for 3-4 weeks when we come over next year while we search for a rental. Theres three of us including my five year old daughter which rules out a hostel.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:38 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus Big4 Holiday parks NZ equivalent?

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun View Post
In Australia there is a big chain of holiday parks with a range of accomodation from chalets, caravans, camping etc (very reasonable prices compared to hotels). Is there a similar thing in NZ particularly Dunedin area. We need cheap affordable accomodation for 3-4 weeks when we come over next year while we search for a rental. Theres three of us including my five year old daughter which rules out a hostel.
I think 'top 10' may be much the same thing: try putting that in your search
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Re: Aus Big4 Holiday parks NZ equivalent?

Originally Posted by karonious View Post
I think 'top 10' may be much the same thing: try putting that in your search

I found one in Dunedin, thanks for that exactly what I was looking for!
Only $50 a night for a cabin for three self catering.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:45 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Feel free to look us up when you arrive - we have young kids and moved to Dunedin 4 years ago. Drop us a pm if you like.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:21 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Yup - Top 10's the way to go. Get the Top 10 card and you save money on every booking you make - plus the card is valid for a number of years.

Enjoy Dunedin, and say 'Hi' to the Speights Brewery for me... ahhh... happy days
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Aus Big4 Holiday parks NZ equivalent?

Originally Posted by southerner View Post
Feel free to look us up when you arrive - we have young kids and moved to Dunedin 4 years ago. Drop us a pm if you like.
Thanks, we move in 12 months im counting down already. Where in Dunedin are you? Broad bay was recommended to us but i think thats because the school is recruiting new pupils to keep the numbers up!

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton View Post
Yup - Top 10's the way to go. Get the Top 10 card and you save money on every booking you make - plus the card is valid for years

Enjoy Dunedin, and say 'Hi' to the Speights Brewery for me... ahhh... happy days
My hubbys taken note of that one!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 2:12 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Here comes the sun;5328927]Thanks, we move in 12 months im counting down already. Where in Dunedin are you? Broad bay was recommended to us but i think thats because the school is recruiting new pupils to keep the numbers up!
QUOTE]

We're in Roslyn, one of the inner hill suburbs.

Broad Bay is very nice, but is probably 15-20 min drive out of the city along a very scenic but windy road. Personally we would find the commute difficult with young kids doing lots around town.