Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Aurora Australis last night was amazing

Aurora Australis last night was amazing

Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aurora Australis last night was amazing

Here's some shot I took of the amazing Southern Lights last night in Dunedin, it was mind blowing to see them glowing so bright, the brightest for over a decade.

The mainly red shot is from my back garden here in Andersons Bay, Dunedin. The graveyard one was taken in Andersons Bay cemetery and the one with the street lights was taken from the same cemetery looking out over St Clair, the small line in the centre of the photo is the International Space Station on it's way over.
Attached Thumbnails Aurora Australis last night was amazing-dsc_8019.jpg   Aurora Australis last night was amazing-dsc_8041.jpg   Aurora Australis last night was amazing-dsc_8035.jpg  
Old Mar 18th 2015, 6:57 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aurora Australis last night was amazing

so jealous, one of my want to see moments
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Here's some shot I took of the amazing Southern Lights last night in Dunedin, it was mind blowing to see them glowing so bright, the brightest for over a decade.

The mainly red shot is from my back garden here in Andersons Bay, Dunedin. The graveyard one was taken in Andersons Bay cemetery and the one with the street lights was taken from the same cemetery looking out over St Clair, the small line in the centre of the photo is the International Space Station on it's way over.
Those are great shots.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
so jealous, one of my want to see moments
They were very visible in Wellington too which shows you how mental it was.
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:31 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing photos. Apparently the Aurora Australis could be seen all the way to Auckland. It was cloudy on the Central North Island last night so I didn't see them. It's cloudy this evening.

What time did you take these photos ?
Old Mar 18th 2015, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

From 9.30pm to about 11pm
Old Mar 18th 2015, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 9:52 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You ratbag

I cannot believe that we missed this.

On the Tuesday we were in Christchurch staying close to the CBD with our visitors . It was cloudy and drizzly and they wanted their beds early coz of their flights out. However, the Sunday before we were up at the observatory at Tekapo. I'd have stayed in that area if it had been just us and not bothered with Christchurch.

So but for two days...............

Great photos BM. Just a wee bit envious. In fact, a huge lot envious.