Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

August Arrivals and Departures 2014

August Arrivals and Departures 2014

Old Aug 11th 2014, 9:35 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: August Arrivals and Departures 2014

smileypigface arriving some time early August

Clag and new hubby Leaving UK ? Arriving Wellington 12th

demadpaddy/moving2NZ2013 & 2 children - Leaving Uk 20th Arriving ChCh 22nd

wakeride & partner - Leaving UK 26th Arriving Auckland 28th

desmondo84, OH & 2 kids - Leaving Belfast 26th Arriving Auckland 28th
Old Aug 11th 2014, 9:36 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Clag - make sure you have your rain coats and wellies
Old Aug 11th 2014, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

2 weeks to go tomorrow - arrrrggghh. Gettin nervous!!!
Old Aug 15th 2014, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Clag is an unknown quantity at this point

Mts Fychan - I don't have any! It's so cold, Ive been to Warehouse and bought massive slippers and a hot water bottle to help out though! (and TimTams :P)
Old Aug 15th 2014, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

how cold is cold? Looking at the temperatures, Auckland seems just slightly colder than Belfast during the day, albeit dropping to single figures at night. Sounds tropical to me....
Old Aug 19th 2014, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

wakeride is an unknown quantity at this point

Well that's the packers all done and dusted thankfully was getting board of cleaning bikes etc only 8 days until we fly still got to fit in 4days work and the leaving drinks. How does every one else feel at this stage still no nerves or emotion my end
Old Aug 19th 2014, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

HI wateride - I fly out next Tuesday. Emotions grand but nervous now. Did I tell you my packers made a boob of the dates so we ship the house, handover the house keys and fly out the same day - arrrgggghhhhh. That said, packed half the house myself over the summer so they don't have much to do. I have a weekend of cleaning bikes coming up too!!!!

PS - you flying with Singapore air?
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

We had packed a lot in boxes as had stuff in storage all over the place after moving back in with parents to save cash. the removal company emptied each box into a different one so took a bit of time as they don't normally like doing it that way and it also covers us for insurance then we fly on 27th with air nz you will have a busy day
Old Aug 19th 2014, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by desmondo84
That said, packed half the house myself over the summer so they don't have much to do. I have a weekend of cleaning bikes coming up too!!!!
we also had packed just one box as it was going air freight and they repacked it. we had a pack by company and it has to be packed by the packers or it will invalidate the insurance as they cannot be sure that the items are ok to ship and maybe packed incorrectly so could get damaged. So I would not be surging forward with any more packing if you have not gone for pack it all yourself
Old Aug 19th 2014, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

cheers guys. Well, they said we could pack a few boxes so if they want to repack it;s up to them. Mostly just clothes I packed so hard to go wrong I hope... I probably wasted some of my time but at the same time it allowed me to go through everything and buck stuff out.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

What Insurance options are there for 1 way tickets
Old Aug 20th 2014, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

direct travel and go walkabout do one-way insurance.

Not too expensive either.
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 2:35 am

smileypigface arriving some time early August

Clag and new hubby Leaving UK ? Arriving Wellington 12th

demadpaddy/moving2NZ2013 & 2 children - Leaving Uk 20th Arriving ChCh 22nd

wakeride & partner - Leaving UK 26th Arriving Auckland 28th

desmondo84, OH & 2 kids - Leaving Belfast 26th Arriving Auckland 28th
Old Aug 22nd 2014, 4:11 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

We are here.knackered but here. Lol
Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by moving2NZ2013
We are here.knackered but here. Lol
it will take a fews days to get over the jet lag just so just take things slowly and enjoy not having to stress so much now that you are here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.