Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

August Arrivals and Departures 2014

August Arrivals and Departures 2014

Old Aug 28th 2014, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice
Default Re: August Arrivals and Departures 2014

Arrived this morning. All went well except for the last leg of the 36 hour marathon from Singapore to Auckland. Boys (aged 2 and 3) were a bit restless at this stage - not too bad but needed a fair bit of attention and some French woman in front gave my wife an earful Not a good idea after travelling for 30 odd hours so she got an earful back when she recommended we take them to a homeopathic doctor lol. My Wife just about got over that when she got nabbed for some packaged food in the bottom of one of our carry-on items. Looked to be facing a fine at one point, but it was a genuine mistake and I think they felt sorry for us as the kids were out on their feet. Oh, and to cap it off, we got a taxi driver that was completely nuts too. Ah, well we made it, rest of the family are asleep so now time to find a rental - arrrggghhh.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:44 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

smileypigface arriving some time early August

Clag and new hubby Leaving UK ? Arriving Wellington 12th

demadpaddy/moving2NZ2013 & 2 children - Leaving Uk 20th Arriving ChCh 22nd

wakeride & partner - Leaving UK 26th Arriving Auckland 28th

desmondo84, OH & 2 kids - Leaving Belfast 26th Arriving Auckland 28th
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:46 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with the rental hunt desmondo84 be sure to read the contract carefully as some have fallen foul of wanting to leave before the contract is up and having to still pay even if they leave as the owner/rental agent refuse to find new tenant
Old Aug 31st 2014, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

LozBeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Arrived earlier this month to Palmerston North and living amongst boxes � ���� Too much stuff and not enough space eeek!

Went to Lux Light festival in Wellington last night which is the first time we've ventured out of Palmy since getting here.

Cat arrived last week � ���� so we're all here now!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Clag is an unknown quantity at this point

How you settling in LozBeth? We've been here just under 3 weeks now and it seems to be warming up here in Waikanae which is lovely!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

Just been here a few days but it's tougher than I expected. Trying to find a decent rental is proving difficult and folk seem a lot more reliant on cars than I expected. No-one out walking or running and only seen a few cyclists at the weekend. Perhaps it's because it's cold and wet? Kids have got over the journey well though but my jet lag is killing me. Fall asleep at 8 and wake up at 4 - baaaaaaa
Old Aug 31st 2014, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

wakeride is an unknown quantity at this point

We both arrived on Friday at 6 and then spent the day meeting new manager who took us around the area to get new sim and answers any other questions we had so this was really helpful also provided with a work van for 2 weeks so can get around and look for a car and areas to live. We have 4 weeks in a motel but started looking for rentals and areas to live around auckland so far the short list is botony downs, half moon bay or manukau area what is this like if any one knows
Old Aug 31st 2014, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

hi wakeride - you're in the same situation as us lol. We arrived on Friday too and looking in those areas. We're staying beside botany town centre and explored HIghland park, botany and howick. All look grand.
Old Aug 31st 2014, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Yes we have bin to north shore and had a good drive around theses areas are looking the best so far it just depends how much rent will be we only need a small2 bed house as have no kids so this may help us find some where not to close to the good schools making it slightly closer what rent agency's are you looking at
Old Sep 1st 2014, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

LozBeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clag
How you settling in LozBeth? We've been here just under 3 weeks now and it seems to be warming up here in Waikanae which is lovely!
Hi Clag, settling in ok thanks but first couple of weeks were tough with jet lag and getting used to the cold with no central heating! I travelled over with my one year old to meet her dad who's been here for three months. Our container only arrived the day before we did!

Yes thankfully it is warming up, makes a huge difference hey. I was ready to turn around and go back home after the first week, I hated it lol.

Are you working here? I'm due with our second in three weeks time so on mat leave for a year
Old Sep 7th 2014, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Well that's the first week over its been a busy one but we have most of the jobs done and hopefully picking a car up today. Yesterday was the first really good weather shorts and tees and its still winter but to top it off got invited out on a boat for a days diving to get some Scollops. We have joined a couple of clubs as well so seems to be going well how are the rest of the new people getting on
Old Sep 7th 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by wakeride
Yesterday was the first really good weather shorts and tees and its still winter but to top it off got invited out on a boat for a days diving to get some Scollops.
Spring started on the 1st
good to hear things are coming along nicely.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 11:13 pm
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Good yeh, settling in nicely. Got a good priced rental sorted moved in last week, jet lag has gone finally. Nice weather been out exploring. Husband started work last Monday and loving it
Old Sep 10th 2014, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desmondo84
Just been here a few days but it's tougher than I expected. Trying totransport decent rental is proving difficult and folk seem a lot more reliant on cars than I expected. No-one out walking or running and only seen a few cyclists at the weekend. Perhaps it's because it's cold and wet? Kids have got over the journey well though but my jet lag is killing me. Fall asleep at 8 and wake up at 4 - baaaaaaa
I walk daily cockle bay - highland park - botany - cockle bay. Have car with job, but use public transport as so convenient.

Seems a lot of rentals sitting on market, not sure yet if it's price or quality that's reason.

Have you taken the kids up mt Eden? Great place to get your bearings.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Got a place in dannemora. Will do for now. Bought a mountain bike too and hoping to get our to the totara trails soon. cockles bay is lovely. Also made it to mission Bay and botanic gardens. super spots. Oh and maraeti too. Class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.