Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland - tree consent

Auckland - tree consent

Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of
Default Auckland - tree consent

Does anyone know what the rules are for cutting down trees in Auckland? I have some non - native trees I want to prune/remove. I seem to remember I read somewhere that if you have a native over 8 meters you need a resourse consent, but is that the same for non-natives? Is there a limit for non-natives?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 5:29 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland - tree consent

Originally Posted by kooga61
Does anyone know what the rules are for cutting down trees in Auckland? I have some non - native trees I want to prune/remove. I seem to remember I read somewhere that if you have a native over 8 meters you need a resourse consent, but is that the same for non-natives? Is there a limit for non-natives?
I think the rules have changed recently. Worth giving the council a call. I don't think there is a problem with non natives though.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kooga61
Unless it has changed very recently it only applies to NZ natives.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 5:38 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

The law changed last month.

Changes to tree protection rules from 1 January 2012

In 2009, Parliament amended the Resource Management Act 1991 (RMA) to remove general tree rules in urban areas from 1 January 2012.
Many people thought this meant that any tree could be cut down from 1 January 2012. This is not the case. Due to a decision by the Environment Court, a number of general tree rules will continue to be enforced. Therefore, you may still require a resource consent from 1 January 2012 before you can carry out any tree work on your property.

Read the rest here

http://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/e...eeconsent.aspx