Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

Old May 6th 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

Originally Posted by MattandJax
Is that Papatoetoe good or bad? our window cleaner was talking about it yesterday as his relatives live there and seem to like it.
Say Hi! to Mr Hornsby from Puhinui Primary school.

Yeah nice area.
Old May 6th 2010, 3:55 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
I heard South Auckland is a dodgy area?
Hi Perry, how far south of Auckland do you think they mean?
Old May 6th 2010, 4:04 pm

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Hi there,

Real glad this thread has opened as OH may be offered work in Auckland. I was going to ask the exact question.

We would like to eventually live bout 1 hours commute to Auckland and rural. Bit worried about the South of Auckland being a bit dodgy though. How far south do they mean?

Old May 6th 2010, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

My favourite place is easily Titirangi if you like a bush setting and a bit of privacy. Also some amazing views depending on your budget. It's where we will be heading for all in good time.

Martyc
Old May 6th 2010, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Sometimes I think that I'm the only person who doesn't rate the shore LOL

It just doesn't do it for me...it isbeautiful in parts itdoes have high decile schools, great beaches, lots of expats etc

But I like central and west
West...not so great for high schools but beautiful beaches, and bush and a microcosm of New Zealand, Titirangi is great

Central. Has great energy and things to do. Grey Lynn, Westmere, Ponsonby are lively and safe
Hey PK, we don't like the shore either, that's why we opted for the Whangaparaoa Peninsula. OH works in the CBD & either drives in or takes the 50min ferry ride from Gulf Harbour.

I like Titirangi too but we preferred the East side of Auckland.
Old May 6th 2010, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

CindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the roughCindyGirl is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

Will you guys stop going on about how good the North Shore is, Matt has got a job in East Tamaki and there is no way we can live that far out !! does sounds great though, maybe in the future

Anyone got any advice for areas near East Tamaki? i.e. what areas of South / East Auckland are ok?
Hi
We live in Dannemora ,Howick .It is really known as one of the eastern suburbs ,but people often term it as south auckland .We live in a nice house in a residential street .My boys all go to the local schools which are fantastic .Botany town centre is on our doorstep and we are a 10 min drive to the local beaches.We have been here nearly 2 years and would have no problems recommending the area .East Tamaki is just down the road and seems to be where all the local industrial type workplaces are .We feel safer here than we did when we lived in london .Hope this is of some help to you .Let me know if you need any more info !
Old May 6th 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Will you guys stop going on about how good the North Shore is, Matt has got a job in East Tamaki and there is no way we can live that far out !! does sounds great though, maybe in the future

Anyone got any advice for areas near East Tamaki? i.e. what areas of South / East Auckland are ok?
If you're working in east tamaki its probably worth looking into howick/ pakuranga/ botany/ bucklands beach.. out that way rather than south auckland
Old May 6th 2010, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of

Used to live in Papakura for years, before then Ardmore. Have to say Papakura was going down hill last time I was there (as far as I am concerned), hence the reason to move on. Ardmore was nice (lovely village school....my kids loved it). Used to have a nice fried breakfast at the aviation cafe at the airfield, from time to time.

Personally, if I had to move south again and I worked in the East Tamaki area, I'd go for Clevedon. Nice area, nice people, nice school, it has a nice rural NZ feel to it, and it's not too far from some ok beaches.
Old May 7th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gags
there is a difference between South Auckland (ie Otara) and south OF auckland (papakura).
Old May 7th 2010, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by newkiwi
there is a difference between South Auckland (ie Otara) and south OF auckland (papakura).
Oh right. Thanks
Old May 7th 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gags
I am not sure either
Old May 8th 2010, 5:18 pm

Any thoughts on Wellsford, Helensville and Rodney?
Old May 8th 2010, 7:15 pm

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

for Rodney... not sure about the others
Old May 8th 2010, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pedro0811
Hi All

Does anyone know what are nice areas around Auckland?

Thanks everyone.

Julie
x
Sorry Julie but this is like someone from NZ asking where to live in London. You wouldn't know where to start!! Auckland is a vast city borders wise and while I've lived in Howick, Manurewa, Mt Eden and Takapuna I couldn't suggest any one perfect for you because our objective and wants may differ so much from yours. My biggest advice is don't live too far from your job, life is too valuable to waste it on thecommute!! Good luck
Old May 9th 2010, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne UK to Helensville Nz to Secret Harbour Perth WA
donki is an unknown quantity at this point

we lived in Helensville for two and a half years. Quite simply great place to live. small town lovely. You actually get real kiwi life there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.