auckland suburbs

Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

vickyb69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default auckland suburbs

Another question - sorry!!

My job is based in Auckland - initially at the Starship Hospital but I could be based in Middlemore and Waitekere as well. So, any ideas about where would be nice to rent that provided easyish access to all of these places. Looking for somewhere middle class I guess- we couldn't afford the upmarket places. After looking at a map I was wondering about Blockhouse Bay and that kind of area.

Anyone live there or know what it's like?

Thanks again
Vicky
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: auckland suburbs

`Try this website....

www.auckland-suburb-guide.co.nz may give you an idea. It lists all the suburbs around the Auckland area.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe one tree hill, royal oak,....that gives you easy access to middlemore and starship
Not so good for waitakere bu t you can hop on the motorway and if you work shifts then you can miss the traffic
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry ...didn't read all of yr post!

I live in Blockhouse Bay and really like it. My OH works in Grafton (near starship) and cycles there daily
It's easy to get to waitakere and now that the motorway extn is complete, easy to get down South too..

I like it because the centre has a heart unlike many suburbs. It feels like a community...tonight I went carol singing in a BHB rest home with the Brownies, last weekend was the BHB santa parade.

It's handy for westcoast beaches, and New Lynn, while a biiit shabby is starting to tart up and has a good train service

PM me if you want to
Old Dec 8th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

Was just going to suggest Royal Oak or Ellerslie is even better for motorway - Blockhouse to Middlemore not that easy - depends how long you are happy commuting
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

There has got to be more than distance to work for your suburb. I lived in Mt Eden before moving over the bridge and we both work at ACH/starship. But the choices were made for our lifestyle aswell as distance. We are young, without kids so it was more important to be close to pubs and restaurants then a good school etc etc.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Deepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really nice

Titirangi and Glen Eden are nice. I live in Glen Eden and it takes 20 - 30 mins to drive to Penrose where I work depending on traffic