British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Auckland . . . see you in July (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/auckland-see-you-july-754084/)

Laura_Jayne_M Apr 6th 2012 9:51 pm

Auckland . . . see you in July

Hi everyone,

I'm Laura, 31 years old from North Wales. I've been offered a permanent job at CMDHB in Auckland and I will be moving out there on my own at the beginning of July. Handed my 3-month notice in at my current job this week and now everything is suddenly starting to feel real . . . and a bit scary! I lived in Auckland for 6 months a few years back and totally loved it, so I'm hoping it will be just as amazing this time round. As I am coming on my own, one of my main concerns is that I might be lonely if I struggle to meet people, so I would really love to make some friends on here so that I can meet up with you when I get out there in July. I've already seen some meet-ups being arranged on another thread, and I think its lovely that so many of you organise get-togethers.

Everything is happening so fast! Only accepted the job last week and now my notice is handed in and my starting date is 16th July! I'm a bit concerned as to how I am going to manage getting everything done within these 3 months - visa, packing up my house (rented), selling my car etc etc . . do you think everything is achievable in this timescale from your own experiences?

Looking forward to chatting with you, and hopefully having a welcome drink with some of you in a few months!

Laura :)

julesnye Apr 11th 2012 3:36 am

Re: Auckland . . . see you in July

Just thought I'd say hi as your thread seemed quite lonely

Rosemary Apr 11th 2012 2:12 pm

Hello and a big welcome to the New Zealand section of BE from the Consierge in Spain.

You will find excellent information in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

BE Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font. Also there are Consierges who can support and guide you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

crumpy10 Apr 11th 2012 7:28 pm

Hello and welcome!

We are planning the move to wellington, hopefully june:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I wish you all the luck in the world, and think you are doing an amazing thing on your own!

Good luck.

Anna:D

Laura_Jayne_M Apr 11th 2012 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by julesnye (Post 9999529)
Just thought I'd say hi as your thread seemed quite lonely

Awww . .thank you! :)

Originally Posted by Rosemary (Post 10000278)
Hello and a big welcome to the New Zealand section of BE from the Consierge in Spain.

You will find excellent information in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

BE Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font. Also there are Consierges who can support and guide you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

Thank you!

Originally Posted by crumpy10 (Post 10000816)
Hello and welcome!

We are planning the move to wellington, hopefully june:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I wish you all the luck in the world, and think you are doing an amazing thing on your own!

Good luck.

Anna:D

Thanks very much. Lots of luck for you too . . will keep my :fingerscrossed: that all goes ahead for June!
:D