Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland to Queenstown

Wikiposts

Auckland to Queenstown

Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Auckland to Queenstown

Planning on touring from Auckland to Queenstown in late January. Is two weeks enough to do this justice? Will finding places to stay be difficult? I'd like to see Tauranga, Rotorua, Tongariro (want to do the famous walk) and possibly Napier in the first week. Does this sound reasonable or do you have any other suggestions?

Any advice appreciated.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

rason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud ofrason has much to be proud of
Default Re: Auckland to Queenstown

i suppose it depends on how long you want in each place. Auckland to Tauranga is 2.5 hours, Tauranga to Rotorua is an hour, then to the Mountain is about 2.5 hours over to Napier maybe 3 hours? Then its a long flash down to Wellington for the boat which you probably want to give yourself 4 - 5 hours from Napier.

Could allways fly of course
Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rason
i suppose it depends on how long you want in each place. Auckland to Tauranga is 2.5 hours, Tauranga to Rotorua is an hour, then to the Mountain is about 2.5 hours over to Napier maybe 3 hours? Then its a long flash down to Wellington for the boat which you probably want to give yourself 4 - 5 hours from Napier.

Could allways fly of course
Thanks. What do you think are the best places to visit in the North Island? I'm actually considering buying an investment property somewhere and like the sound of Tauranga and Napier. I've never been to the North Island but love the Nelson region in the south.
Old Oct 15th 2010, 9:07 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Budawang
Planning on touring from Auckland to Queenstown in late January. Is two weeks enough to do this justice? Will finding places to stay be difficult? I'd like to see Tauranga, Rotorua, Tongariro (want to do the famous walk) and possibly Napier in the first week. Does this sound reasonable or do you have any other suggestions?

Any advice appreciated.
Depends whether you're driving and what you'll be driving.........There are only 'motorways' in Auckland, most of the rest of New Zealand have single track roads. Also, look at the cost of the Ferry between the islands.